Omg! This vegan snickers baked oatmeal is truly delicious. If you haven’t tried baking your oatmeal yet, you’re in for a real treat, let me tell ya! I don’t LOVE regular oatmeal, I mean it’s fine. It’s functional and filling but I have been seeing a lot of baked oatmeal recipes and I knew I had to try making one myself. I came up with this amazing recipe and wow, this tastes more like a dessert than oatmeal.
It’s the best texture and is so much yummier than regular oatmeal.
What ingredients will I need?
- Rolled oats – you can try instant oats but I use rolled oats
- Baking powder – any kind will do!
- Ground flax – make sure it’s ground flax not seeds
- Sea salt – adds a saltiness and works well with sweetness
- Peanut butter – creamy unsalted
- Maple syrup – pure
- Non-dairy milk – any kind you want I used macadamia nut milk
- Vanilla – pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips – I used vegan trader joe’s chips
- Peanuts – regular unsalted peanuts work fine
How do you make vegan snickers baked oatmeal?
First, mix the dry ingredients. Then, mix the wet ingredients. Make sure to preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a pan or line with parchment. A 9×9 pan will work just fine! Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix well. Add in the chocolate chips and peanuts. Pour into the pan, bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes then enjoy!
This is super easy and will firm up as it sits out. Enjoy warm or room temperature later on.
What makes this vegan snickers baked oatmeal healthy?
It’s 100% plant-based, dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free and has no added oil. If you’re strictly oil-free you can omit the chocolate or cut the amount in half. This is a great, hearty, filling breakfast as oats are packed with fiber, protein, and complex carbs that keep you full for hours.
This vegan breakfast will leave you feeling energized and ready for the day. The healthy fats in the peanut butter also help to keep you fuller longer!
Will my non-vegan friends and family enjoy this?
Yes! You’d have to be nuts not to enjoy this. It’s decadent, delicious, perfectly sweet and tastes like you’re eating dessert for breakfast. What could be bad? Even though this is plant-based, it tastes like “normal” food! Bring this to a potluck, make it for a holiday brunch, pack it in the kids lunch or serve it for breakfast for your whole family.
I promise, everyone will be drooling over this and will be so impressed.
How should you store this vegan snickers baked oatmeal?
Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. It’s absolutely delicious when reheated and tastes so good for days after you make it. I haven’t tried freezing it yet but if you do try it, let me know! It should freeze pretty well but I recommend having it fresh. Do not leave this out on the counter like baked goods, it needs to be in the fridge. It will spoil or get moldy if you leave it out at room temperature!
A few important tips:
- For a more gooey oatmeal leave in the oven for 35 minutes, for a more firm oatmeal leave in for 45. Want it right in the middle the way I made it? Bake for 40 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- To heat it up, either microwave it or put it back in the oven.
Want more FREE plant-based recipes and meal ideas?
Be sure to follow me on all of my social platforms:
Vegan Snickers Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats use gluten-free if you are gluten-free
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep a 9x9 inch pan by greasing it or lining with parchment.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, flax, baking powder, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, vanilla, maple syrup, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and peanuts. Combine well. Pour this into the dry ingredients. Mix.
- Pour mixture into the pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then enjoy!
Made with love,