Hello beautiful friends!
I can’t wait for you to try my latest recipe: Vegan Apple Dessert Nachos are next level yummy. Until now, you might have only heard of savory nachos but now, I am happy to introduce you to dessert nachos using apples instead of chips. Healthy, sweet, a lil salty and beyond delicious.
The crispness of the apple pairs perfectly with the creamy peanut butter, spice from the cinnamon, sweetness of the date caramel and heavenly chocolate.
Step 1: Cut up an apple of your choice, I used a honey crisp!
Step 2: Arrange the apple on a plate
Spread them out evenly so that they all get coated by the toppings. If you are serving these to a lot of people, like at a party for example, feel free to triple the recipe and make them on a large baking sheet with parchment instead of a plate.
Step 3: Drizzle on peanut butter
Feel free to use creamy peanut butter, almond butter or sunflower butter but I prefer peanut butter personally. The peanut butter adds a great element of saltiness, creaminess and the perfect amount of fun! If the peanut butter is too thick to drizzle on from the jar, you can add it into a Ziploc bag, cut at the tip and then squeeze on.
Step 4: Date Caramel
Blend your medjool dates and water together in a blender or food processor until a caramel texture is formed. If you need to add more water if it’s too thick, go for it! I also added this to a ziploc and cut the corner to control the amount I was drizzling on.
I didn’t add all of the date caramel I made – feel free to use as much or as little as you like.
Step 5: Cinnamon
Sprinkle cinnamon over top now….this adds the perfect warmth and spice!
Step 6: Chocolate Drizzle
Melt the vegan dark chocolate in the microwave until melted. I like to microwave it in 30-second intervals, stirring in-between so that it doesn’t burn. Now, drizzle on the chocolate! Then top with extra chocolate chips for crunch.
Sprinkle on sea salt for the perfect combination of salty & sweet.
Ta-dah! Your vegan apple dessert nachos are complete. Just wait until you taste them, your mind will be blown. Feel free to have this as a snack or treat. This is meant to be shared!
Cozy up with friends, your family, your kids or significant other and share these vegan apple dessert nachos.
These vegan apple dessert nachos are:
Can I use any kind of apples? Yes! I used honey crisp but feel free to use granny smith or gala for example.
Can I substitute almond butter for peanut butter? YUP!
Will the extra leftover date caramel store well in the fridge? Definitely!
If I omit the chocolate, will it still taste good? Of course.
Where do you buy vegan chocolate? I like Trader Joe’s dark chocolate chips, Lily’s or Enjoy Life brand.
Perfect for a snack, for a healthy dessert, birthday party activity, a potluck, to share amongst friends, or to bring to a brunch! Delish!
Rate, Comment and Leave Your Feedback
If you make this recipe and love it, please rate and comment down below at the bottom of your page with your honest thoughts. Your feedback means a lot to me here at CodeGreen Wellness. If you weren’t a fan of the recipe or substituted an ingredient/s, please let me know!
Share the Love on Social Media
Pin this vegan apple dessert nachos recipe on Pinterest, share the link on Facebook for friends and family to see, or post a picture of your creation on Instagram.
What are you waiting for? Make this ASAP!
Vegan Apple Dessert Nachos
- 1 large apple I used a honey crisp
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips plus extra for topping
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 cinnamon sprinkle lightly on top
- sea salt light sprinkle on top
- Slice apples and spread on a plate.
- Drizzle peanut butter on top. If the peanut butter is too thick to drizzle, add it to a bag then cut the tip to manually drizzle on.
- Make date caramel by adding pitted dates and water into blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth, adding more water by the tablespoon if it's too thick. You want it to be pourable but not too watery.
- Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave for 30-second increments, stirring as you go, until completely melted. Drizzle chocolate over top.
- Sprinkle on cinnamon, sea salt, and a few extra dark chocolate chips!
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you do not want to use chocolate just omit! Make these your own!
- You can sub peanut butter with almond butter or sunflower butter.
Trending dessert recipes right now:
In good health,