Hello my beautiful friends!
I have a new recipe that is going to have you freaking out. Vegan Chocolate Chickpea Bark is here and it’s quite literally the most genius dessert I’ve made.
Don’t worry – you can’t taste the chickpeas at all. They’re simply just crunchy and covered in sweet chocolate. This is a great nut-free version to chocolate covered nuts and is super high-protein because duh, they’re chickpeas! #YUM
How it’s Done: Chickpea Magic
You are going to start off baking the chickpeas in the oven for about 35 minutes or until crunchy.
You don’t want mushy chickpeas in your chocolate – that wouldn’t be good…so make sure they have a good crunch to them before taking them out of the oven.
Be careful not to overcook and burn them though. Remove the chickpeas from the oven and add them into a bowl.
Melt the vegan chocolate and then stir the chocolate into the chickpeas, coating them evenly.
Spread the chocolate covered chickpeas back onto the parchment you used to bake them on and in an even layer then put the pan in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes or until the chocolate is completely hardened.
Break the bark into pieces as big or as small as you’d like then serve!
You can store them in the fridge or the freezer.
- What brand chocolate chips do you use? Enjoy Life or Trader Joe’s vegan chocolate chips work perfectly but any chocolate will do. I like a dark chocolate for this recipe though.
- Can I use nuts or dried fruit instead of chickpeas? Sure! You could use cashews, almonds, raisins or even goji berries.
- What kind of chickpeas should I buy? Unsalted canned and no other added ingredients
- How many servings does this make? Makes about 9 servings – but this is depending on how much you want to eat! Could be more or less.
- How long does this stay good for? Keeps for about 4 days in the fridge or longer in the freezer.
This vegan chocolate chickpea bark is:
If you need a high-protein, lower fat, super easy dessert recipe, this is the one for you. You don’t need a kitchen aid mixer, blender or food processor. Just a bowl and an oven! Doesn’t get much easier than that!
Your family and friends will be so impressed with how yummy a chickpea dessert is – honestly you will fool both adults and kids with this vegan treat.
If you have picky eats that have a hard time eating beans – this is a sure way to get them eating beans all day long.
I am actually freaking out and how GOOD the vegan chocolate chickpea bark looks in the pictures because it tastes even better…seriously you have to make this now!
If you make this recipe and love it, please rate and comment down below at the bottom of your page with your honest thoughts. Your feedback means a lot to me here at CodeGreen Wellness. If you weren’t a fan of the recipe or substituted an ingredient/s, please let me know!
Share the Love
Pin this vegan chocolate chickpea bark recipe on Pinterest, share the link on Facebook for friends and family to see, or post a picture of your creation on Instagram.
What are you waiting for? Make this ASAP!
Vegan Chocolate Chickpea Bark (oil-free)
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Add your rinsed, drained and dried chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crunchy and golden brown. Do not burn!
- Melt chocolate in a bowl in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted.
- Combine the chickpeas and chocolate in a bowl and stir. Add back onto the parchment on the baking sheet and spread evenly into 1-layer.
- Put in the freezer and allow it to harden for at least 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Store in fridge or freezer.
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love my recipe for vegan chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies!
In good health,