You are going to love my new recipe for vegan gluten-free gingerbread loaf! It’s moist, fluffy, perfectly sweetened, rich with molasses and so easy to make. If you need a festive, holiday-themed dessert, or just want to bake something new and delicious (and plant-based of course), this is perfect for you. Let’s get baking!
How do you make vegan gluten-free gingerbread loaf?
The preparation for this recipe only takes about 15 minutes. First, you will combine the wet ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together, then you will combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk as well. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir with a wooden spoon.
Pour the batter into a loaf pan then bake for about 35-40 minutes. I baked mine for about 38 minutes. You’ll want to bake it until a toothpick or a fork comes out clean.
What ingredients will I need?
The ingredients in this vegan gluten-free gingerbread loaf are clean + simple.
It’s made with flax, almond flour, applesauce instead of oil, arrowroot flour and yummy aromatic holiday spices! Yummy and healthy!
Make this for the holidays and your guests will be beyond impressed. I have a confession, the day I made this, we ate the whole loaf in one day. Granted, it was shared among 4 people, but still….it’s AMAZING.
Commonly Asked Questions:
- What kind of frosting did you use? I used Miss Jones Vegan frosting – the vanilla flavor. As far as frostings go this one has pretty clean ingredients.
- Do I HAVE to use frosting or can I just make the loaf and have it plain? The loaf is absolutely delicious by itself too. You can omit the frosting if you’d like.
- What if I have a nut allergy and can’t use almond flour? I have only tried this recipe with almond flour but you can try it with oat flour if you want!
- How long does this take to bake?! It only takes up to 40 minutes. Let it cool before cutting into it.
- How should I store the gingerbread loaf? Store covered at room temperature for 3 days.
Will my non-vegan family and friends enjoy this?
YES! Most definitely. This is going to be yours and their new favorite, I promise. Bring this loaf to a Christmas party, a holiday pot luck, a dinner with friends, or even just to share with your family and friends during the holidays. Imagine Christmas morning, curling up on your couch with a blanket, a Hallmark movie, a cup of tea or coffee and a slice of this decadent gingerbread loaf…I mean come on! Doesn’t that sound perfect?!
If you’re traveling for the holidays, you can bake this loaf the day before and bring it with you! It’s a great snack for the plane – but be careful, other passengers might steal some from you.
This vegan gluten-free gingerbread loaf is:
What makes this vegan-gluten-free gingerbread loaf healthier?
It’s plant-based, gluten-free, soy-free and oil-free friendly. It’s grain free too because it’s made with almonds. Desserts with dairy can cause a lot of inflammation which is why I made this completely dairy-free. Don’t worry it still tastes delicious. This has no oil either which helps to cut down on the calories and fat. I used molasses in this which actually has a lot of health benefits.
A few important tips:
- You don’t need the frosting! It just makes it extra yummy.
- Store this in an air-tight container so it doesn’t dry it.
- I haven’t made it with anything except for almond flour so I can’t speak to any other substitutions. However, you could try it with oat flour if you have a nut allergy
- Make sure to let it cool for an hour before slicing into it.
Want more FREE plant-based recipes and meal ideas?
Be sure to follow me on all of my social platforms:
Vegan Gluten-Free Gingerbread Loaf
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 flax eggs 3 tbsp ground flax + 7.5 tbsp water
- ½ cup molasses
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use an 8x4 loaf pan. Use parchment paper inside of it if your pan isn't non-stick.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients. In a larger bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Pour into loaf pan and make sure it's spread out evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
- Let it cool for an hour then enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, try my vegan pumpkin pie recipe!
You would also love my chocolate frosted vegan brownies!
Made with love,