My mouth has been watering while putting this blog together because OMG, chocolate frosted vegan brownies are finally here! Looking for a healthy vegan brownie that is absolutely delicious while still plant-based, gluten-free and oil-free, stop right here!
You are going to die for this recipe.
My frosting recipe is made without any refined sugar and is rich, chocolatey, smooth, decadent and beyond heavenly. Sweetened with dates, you won’t have to worry about added sugar in this frosting.
I use medjool dates to sweeten the frosting for that perfect sweetness without being an overpowering sugar-bomb.
Frost the brownies with the chocolate frosting after they’ve cooled for the richest vegan brownie you’ll ever have. The best party- you feel as though you are indulging in a sinful treat when in reality this brownie is filled with nutrients.
The brownies themselves are made with a base of chickpeas! Aka these brownies are #plantprotein and fiber packed.
I used natural sprinkles from Whole Foods that are actually colored with fruits + veggies. For example, the green sprinkles are dyed with spirulina! How cool?!
The sprinkles are just a fun touch and are totally optional.
Chocolate Frosted Vegan Brownies
Bring to these to a potluck, bake them for your kid’s bake sale, share with family, you name it! I bring these chocolate frosted vegan brownies to everything and they are a total crowd pleaser.
Everyone RAVES about how incredible the brownies are – side note: everyone is also shocked these have chickpeas as a main ingredient.
If you make a HealthyGirl recipe, I appreciate your feedback! Rate, comment and share the recipe link.
To save, pin it on Pinterest, share the link with family + friends on Facebook and be sure to take a picture of your creation and post it to Instagram. Tag me always @healthygirlkitchen!
Do you want more free recipes, plant-based meal ideas and wellness advice?! Follow me on Instagram @healthygirlkitchen!
Chocolate Frosted Vegan Brownies (oil-free)
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend until completely smooth!
- Fold in chocolate chips then pour into a baking dish. An 8x8 pan will work for this.
- Bake for 25 minutes. When they are done, let them cool for about 30 minutes to 1 hour before frosting them.
- Frost and enjoy! Store in fridge.
- Blend all frosting ingredients in food processor until completely smooth and combined scraping down sides as necessary.
- Frost brownies and serve!
In good health,