I have an amazing new recipe for you all. Not only are these peanut butter cookies, but they are vegan chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies. Seriously life changing.
The cookies are 100% plant-based, soy-free, gluten-free, oil-free and beyond yummy.
The recipe is made with simple yet delicious ingredients but the base of the cookies are made with peanut butter and almond flour.
Add in some coconut sugar for sweetness and you’re golden!
The first step to making the cookies is whisking together the baking soda and the almond flour so they are evenly combined. The other ingredients will go in the food processor and then you can add in the almond flour mixture.
You will process the ingredients until they are combined completely and have formed a soft, moist, cookie dough.
The cookies will bake for 10 minutes. Let them cool for at least 30 minutes before dipping in melted chocolate. Melt your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until its totally smooth and melted.
Spread chocolate on half the cookie (or if you want to go really wild, you can spread it on the whole thing!).
Place each cookie back on the baking sheet as you dip them, then put the baking sheet in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set.
I promise you that chocolate dipped peanut butter cookies are going to be your new favorite vegan indulgent dessert.
In addition, the best part about them is that they accomodate so many dietary and allergy needs – YES PLEASE! Are you drooling yet?!
Also, I sprinkled sea salt on my chocolate part for the perfect combination of sweet and salty. OMG – my mouth is watering just thinking about these!
- Do I have to dip them in chocolate or can I leave them plain as just peanut butter cookies? They are just as yummy without the chocolate. You can definitely leave them plain.
- I can’t have peanuts, what is an alternative that I can use to the peanut butter? Almond butter, sunflower butter, coconut butter, or tahini!
- Is there an alternative that I can use to almond flour? Try oat flour or whole wheat flour.
- What kind of chocolate did you use? I used Trader Joe’s vegan chocolate chips for mine but I also recommend Lily’s or Enjoy Life. If you’re getting the Lily’s make sure you’re buying the variety without dairy.
- Do these store well? YES! They are best if stored in the fridge in a sealed container.
Who’s coming over to eat cookies with me?!
If you decide to make this recipe, please leave your feedback by rating and commenting on this recipe.
It means a lot to me here at HealthyGirl Kitchen! I work very hard to make these recipes perfect for you!
Share the Love
Pin this recipe to Pinterest, share the link on Facebook for your family and friends to see, post a picture of your creation on Instagram and don’t forget to tag me @healthygirlkitchen!
For more free vegan recipes follow me on Instagram @healthygirlkitchen. Like and comment on my latest Instagram post and tell me a fun fact about you so I know you came from the blog!
Vegan Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies (gluten-free, oil-free)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- sea salt garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda and pinch of salt.
- Add peanut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla to the food processor and blend until combined. Now pour in the dry almond flour mixture into the food processor and the 5 tbsp of water. Blend until combined scraping down sides as necessary.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls and flatten between your palms. Add onto baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, mixing in between.
- Cool for 30 minutes then coat one half in melted chocolate, then put them back on the baking sheet.
- Allow the cookies to set in the fridge then serve and enjoy!
If you liked these, you will love my homemade vegan protein bars!
In good health,
join the conversation
These are incredible!!! My kids loved them too! I’ll definitely be making these again!
Wow! These cookies look SO good. I can’t wait to make them for my next event!!
These look great. Can I use regular sugar instead of coconut sugar?