Omg! Vegan Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes are here!
This new plant-based recipe is literally the bomb. It’s hearty, filling, savory, and perfect for the colder weather.
The first step is to make your plant-based chili! This is going to be filling your baked potatoes – this is where all of the flavor comes in!
trying to impress a meat eater in your family with a vegan meal?
If you have meat eaters in your family that are interested in becoming more plant-based or you need a meal to impress them with, you have to try this recipe asap!
Cashew Sour Cream
While the chili cooks and the potatoes bake, you can make the cashew sour cream!
The cashew sour cream adds a really nice creaminess and texture to the recipe. The chili is warm and flavorful while the sour cream cools it down and pairs really nicely with the chili.
No need for dairy sour cream when you can make this – I promise you will LOVE it.
How to Make:
The assembly is simple, cut open your potato, fill with chili, then top with sour cream. You can garnish with avocado, chives, or green onion! You can bake or microwave your potatoes, either way would be yummy.
Also, on a side note, if you make this recipe, I want to know your honest opinion. Your feedback means everything to me here at HealthyGirl Kitchen.
I think when people go vegan, they have a pre-conceived notion that they’ll be hungry and all they can eat is tofu and lettuce. Let me tell ya, that is definitely not the case!
You can eat an abundance of amazing food just like this vegan chili stuffed baked potato recipe. You will be obsessed!
The chili adds such a nice hearty, filling aspect to meal.
Top with cashew sour cream and you’re good to go! YUM! Who’s drooling?!
- Can I use sweet potato instead of Idaho potatoes? YES OF COURSE!
- Can I microwave the potato instead of baking it if I’m short on time? Totally. I microwave mine if I don’t have the 1 hour time to bake the potato.
- Do I need to soak the cashews overnight for the sour cream? No, you can boil them for 5-10 minutes instead.
- How long does the chili stay good in the fridge? It will stay good for about 4 days but you can freeze it.
- Is this a good meal to serve non-vegan guests? YES! You will impress any guests with this dish – it’s amazing!
Share the Love on Social Media
Pin this warm, comforting cheesy vegan cauliflower potato casserole on Pinterest, share the link on Facebook for friends and family to see, or post a picture of your creation on Instagram. Also, be sure to follow me on my new tiktok account, I post a lot of great content on there.
What are you waiting for?! Get cooking!
Vegan Chili Stuffed Baked Potatoes (oil-free)
- 4 baked potatoes make as many as you need
20-minute vegan chili vegan cashew sour cream
- garnish with chives, avocado or green onion
- Bake or microwave the potatoes until completely cooked through.
- Make the chili and the cashew sour cream.
- Cut open the potato, top it with as much or as little chili as you'd like, and then dollop the cashew sour cream on top. Garnish with garnishes of choice.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
In good health,
join the conversation
I make a version of this quite a bit. I love to add my cashew potato cheese as a topper also. It is a very filling meal.