I have an amazing new recipe for you that is truly a spin on an American classic. Healthy vegan potato salad is going to be your new favorite dish to bring to a potluck, make for a healthy vegan backyard BBQ, to enjoy for lunch, and more!
Creamy, savory, perfectly seasoned healthy vegan potato salad takes plant-based eating to the next level. Say goodbye to gloppy mayonaise potato salad and say hello to this fresh new version that tastes INCREDIBLE.
The secret ingredient in this recipe is avocado! First, you will start off mashing your avocado in a bowl. I use avocado in this recipe instead of mayonaise because it still gives it that creamy consistency.
Next, you will add MUSTARD! The mustard gives it that great yellow color that an egg would normally do in a potato salad.
You will add in some simple seasonings like salt and pepper as well as lemon and apple cider vinegar. Let me tell ya, the flavors in this healthy vegan potato salad are on point.
I use red skin potatoes in this recipe, I just think it makes it more classic! Feel free to use yukon golds or idaho potatoes. I like the creaminess of the red skin potato and the color! Once the potatoes are cut, you will boil them for 10-minutes or until fork tender.
Strain and let cool for 10 minutes.
Chop up your veggies: I used cucumber, red onion, dill and a little celery. Crunchy and so yummy! It’s truly the perfect combination of creamy potatoes + crunchy veggies. Add the veggies into the bowl along with the sauce and potatoes.
Stir this up to combine and you’ve got yourself the yummiest, easiest healthy vegan potato salad that ever was.
- Can I use any kind of white potato? YES! Use red skins, Yukon golds or Idaho potatoes.
- Is this recipe gluten-free? Yup! Totally gluten-free and vegan.
- Does the avocado make it taste like guacamole? Not at all! It’s the perfect mayo alternative.
- Does this keep well in the fridge? Only for a day- you should eat this the day you make it or the day after.
- Will my non-vegan friends and family like this? OMG YES! My meat eater father in law loves it and can’t believe it’s vegan AND healthy.
Rate + Comment
If you make this healthy vegan potato salad recipe and love it, please rate and comment down below at the bottom of your page with your honest thoughts. Your feedback means a lot to me here at HealthyGirl Kitchen. In addition, if you weren’t a fan of the recipe or substituted an ingredient/s, please let me know!
Share the Love on Social Media
Pin this amazing healthy vegan potato salad on Pinterest, share the link on Facebook for friends and family to see, or post a picture of your creation on Instagram. Also, be sure to follow me on my new tiktok account, I post a lot of great content on there.
Healthy Vegan Potato Salad (No Mayo!)
- 7 medium red skin potatoes quartered
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 3/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery optional
- 1/2 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cut and quarter the red skin potatoes (or cut into 6 pieces if they're larger). Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Boil potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender. Make sure your forks easily pierces the potato. Strain and allow the potatoes to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the avocado first. Add the mustard, apple cider vinegar, lemon, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and completely combined.
- Add the dill, cucumber, red onion, celery and cooled potatoes into the bowl. Stir with a spoon or spatula and fold gently. Combine and stir until the potatoes + veggies are evenly coated in the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try out more recipes from Danielle at HealthyGirl Kitchen!
BBQ Jackfruit “Pulled Pork” Sandwich
White Bean Alfredo (vegan, no oil, gf optional)
In good health,