There is nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of soup on a chilly day. This Healing Greens Soup will not only warm you up, but will also nourish you with good for you ingredients like kale, zucchini, beans, and herbs.
Notes on ingredients
Please take note that this is important information about the ingredients used in this recipe and the FULL recipe with measurements and details can be found DOWN BELOW (scroll to it) in the recipe card.
What ingredients do I need?
yellow onion: Onion adds great flavor to this Healing Greens Soup
olive oil: Adds some healthy fat to the soup while also helping to brown the veggies.
kale: A true superfood that is great for heart health and added fiber to your diet.
zucchini: Helps to regulate blood sugar.
cannellini beans: a fat free food that has fiber and helps regulate blood sugar.
parsley: great for bloating!
jasmine rice: a carb to help keep you fueled and satiated.
dill: one of the best ways to aid with digestion.
salt + pepper: To add flavor.
vegetable broth: great for regulating cholesterol.
bread for dipping: to make it delicious! 🙂
How do you make healing greens soup?
To make this Healing Greens Soup you only have to follow 5 easy steps:
- Add olive oil and onion to a large pot
2. Saute the onion and zucchini
3. Add in kale, beans, parsley, dill, rice, salt, pepper and vegetable broth. Stir.
4. Bring to a boil then cover and cook
5. Serve with thick good bread and enjoy!
Commonly Asked Questions
What type of kale should I use? Any type of kale works! Curly kale or dinosaur kale will both be delicious.
What type of vegetable broth should I use? Bonafide Provisions has the best tasting and cleanest vegetable broth, but you can use any kind.
Is this dish gluten free? What about dairy free? Yes and yes! This soup is both gluten and dairy free, and most importantly, vegan!
Can I eat this Healing Greens Soup as leftovers? Definitely! You can reheat the soup for up to 4 days
Can I use brown rice instead of Jasmine? You can substitute brown rice instead of Jasmine for this soup.
Extra Helpful Tips
- Chop up the kale, zucchini and onions ahead of time to make adding them to the soup easy.
- Cut the onions and zucchini to be about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Use a “crustier” bread for dipping in the soup so it does not become too mushy.
More Easy Vegan Soup Recipes
How to Store
Store the Healing Greens Soup in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat, use a microwave or pour into a pot and heat on the stovetop.
Healing Greens Soup
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 can rinsed and drained cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 32 oz cartons of vegetable broth
- bakery bread for dipping
- Bring a large soup pot to medium heat and add olive oil and onion. Saute until the onion is translucent. Add in zucchini and saute for another 5 minutes until the zucchini is golden.
- Add in kale, beans, parsley, dill, rice, salt, pepper and vegetable broth. Stir.
- Bring to a boil then cover and cook on low stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Serve with crusty good bread and enjoy!