Omg! I have an amazing new recipe to share with you all. Creamy vegan hummus pasta is all the rage! Have any of you heard of hummus pasta? When I first heard about it I was skeptical but after I tried it I am a total convert. It’s freaking delicious. You are going to be blown away that hummus can make the best pasta sauce.
Does hummus pasta actually taste good?!
The hummus adds a richness and creaminess to this dish in the best way possible. I have a lot of cashew based recipes and I wanted to create a creamy pasta that didn’t have as much fat or the heaviness of a cashew based sauce. You will be pleasantly surprised at how hummus makes the best pasta sauce. The first step to this is making the pasta.
What shape pasta is best?
You can use any kind and any shape you want – penne, linguini, rotini, gluten-free, chickpea pasta, whole wheat, lentil pasta, you name it!
How do you make creamy vegan hummus pasta?
Once your pasta is made, the rest is simple. After straining your pasta and returning it to the pot. Pour all of the ingredients into the same pot. Combine well and stir until evenly coated in the hummus and goodies. I used kalamata olives, spinach, tomatoes, artichokes and garlic in mine but feel free to get creative. The Mediterranean flavors pair so nicely with the hummus.
You could totally include basil, oregano, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives instead of kalamata, and even chopped up cucumber if you wanted to leave this as a cold pasta salad.
Are the leftovers good?
This creamy vegan hummus pasta is AMAZING for healthy vegan meal prep. It makes a ton of servings and stores really well in the fridge. The reheated leftovers are quite delish and if you use whole wheat pasta, you can also eat it cold the next day. Absolutely perfect for packing in your lunch at work, in your kid’s lunch boxes, bringing to a potluck, or for a date night with your partner. Keep it stored in an air-tight container in the fridge.
Commonly Asked Questions:
- Can I make this using gluten-free pasta? YES! It’s great with any kind of pasta.
- Do I have to use short noodles could I use a longer shape like fettuccine or spaghetti? You 100% can!
- Can I use store bought hummus or make my own? You can do either, all you need is 1 cup of hummus whether it’s homemade or store bought.
- Does this serve a large family or do I need to double the recipe? This will for sure feed a large family but you can double the recipe to have extra meals if you’d like.
- How long does this store in the fridge? About 4 days.
This creamy vegan hummus pasta is:
What kind of hummus is recommended?
Use homemade hummus or store bought hummus – either way! I sometimes make my own hummus but other times, I love using store bought when I am in a pinch and need something super fast. This is the best 10-minute lunch or dinner. You can even use roasted red pepper hummus, lemon dill hummus, roasted garlic hummus, white bean hummus, you name it! This recipe is very versatile.
Want more FREE plant-based recipes and meal ideas?
Be sure to follow me on all of my social platforms:
Creamy Vegan Hummus Pasta
- 1 16 oz bag of pasta I used penne
- 1 cup
hummushomemade or store-bought
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 12 oz jar of marinated artichokes
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- Prepare the tomatoes by cutting them in half. Make pasta, drain, then set aside.
- After straining, in the large pasta pot, add artichokes with liquid, spinach, olives, hummus, tomatoes, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Stir well until combined. Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this then you’d love my vegan pumpkin pasta recipe too!
Made with love,