If you’ve been on the hunt for an amazing plant-based pasta recipe that is truly mouth-watering, stop right here! Creamy vegan pumpkin pasta is here just in time for the holidays!
Made with pumpkin, cashews, cauliflower and spices, this is simple yet amazingly healthy and delicious. Sprinkled with sage on top your guests will be BEYOND impressed with this pumpkin penne pasta.
The best thing about this recipe is that you blend the sauce in a blender! That’s it! How easy is that?! I can’t get over how creamy this turned out…amazing how you can create this texture with just veggies, nuts and spices!
Your Thanksgiving and holidays feasts will be complete once you add this to the menu!
In addition to the holidays, you could make this dish to take to a potluck, to impress your partner, or even just to have for the week – it’s a great meal to meal prep.
Pro tip: if you are going to meal-prep, make sure to leave the sauce separate from the pasta then heat it up with the pasta as you eat it throughout the week.
I am drooling looking at all these pictures! You will be obsessed with this recipe.
- Can I make this recipe without a Vitamix? I recommend getting a high-speed blender like a Vitamix. It makes the sauce 100% smooth without any lumps or bumps. You can try making it in a different blender, but for this recipe it will come out best in a powerful blender like Vitamix or Blend Tec.
- Will my guests know this is vegan? I have tested this recipe on vegans and non-vegans – both absolutely loved it and gave it the thumbs up of approval.
- Can I use sweet potato instead of pumpkin? YES! You can definitely use sweet potato if you can’t find pumpkin puree. just make sure to boil it with the cauliflower and cashews.
- Will this recipe make enough?! This will feed a lot of hungry mouths. It makes about 6-8 servings if you have other dishes along with it.
- Where can I find nutritional yeast? Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, your local health food store or Amazon are all great options for finding it.
This creamy vegan pumpkin pasta is:
Share the Love
Remember to share this recipe link on Facebook, pin to Pinterest, post a picture of your CodeGreen creation to Instagram, share on LinkedIn with co-workers and everyone else you know! Also, use #CodeGreen whenever you post!
Be sure to rate, comment and give me feedback if you end up making this delicious creamy vegan pumpkin pasta recipe.
Want more healthy vegan gluten-free plant-based recipes?! Follow me on Instagram @CodeGreenWellness!
Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta (oil-free)
- 16 oz box of pasta I used penne
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 2 cups cooking liquid save this from boiling cauliflower and cashews
- 1 cup pumpkin puree 100% pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- fresh sage to garnish adds great flavor
- Make pasta and set aside. Bring a pot of water to a boil and boil the cauliflower and cashews for about 10 minutes, until soft.
- Add the cauliflower, cashews, cooking water, pumpkin puree, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, and garlic into a high speed blender like a Vitamix. Blend until completely smooth!
- Stir the pumpkin sauce into pasta, top with fresh sage ribbons and serve hot off the stove!
In good health,