Do you need more amazing vegan cookie recipes?! I’ve got you covered!
This new recipe for vegan peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies will have you drooling. You will be as obsessed as I am. I sometimes forget how classic and yummy the combination of peanut butter and jelly is.
It’s truly delicious. The nuttiness of the cookie and fresh fruity jam come together in a harmony of perfection.
The recipe is simple: make the cookies in the food processor, bake for 8-10 minutes, then top with jam.
Sometimes baking can be a time sucker but these vegan peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies only take 10 minutes to prep and 10 minutes to bake…I think we all have 20 extra minutes for these babies.
- Can I use strawberry jam instead of raspberry jam?! Yes! Please use any jam you like. You can even use apricot jam – that would be fab.
- Can I substitute the peanut butter with almond butter? Definitely. You can also use sunflower butter or tahini.
- Do these freeze well? Yup. You can freeze them!
- How should I store the cookies? You can store them covered or in a container for a few days.
- Will my non-vegan friends and family like them? 100%! You’d be crazy not to like these.
Cookies Cookies Cookies
My batch yielded about 12 cookies give or take. My fiancè immediately ate some when they came out of the oven so I didn’t get the chance to count them accurately (sorry LOL). When he came home for his lunch break, he gobbled them up and ate three!
The best part about baking is sharing with others!
There’s something special about the reaction you get when you make someone’s day by offering them the goodies you baked.
Bring the vegan peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies to a potluck, make a batch for your co-workers, bake them with your kids, or just make for yourself – that’s totally okay too!
If you’re like me and you crave something a little sweet after dinner, one of these vegan peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies is the perfect little dessert. In addition, you could drizzle them with chocolate for extra yumminess if you wanted.
Honestly, you can put your own spin on the cookies and get creative. Use a unique flavored jam, drizzle on chocolate, use frosting instead of jam, etc.
Can’t find healthy jam in the store? You can even make homemade no refined sugar raspberry jam if you’d like. I get my jam at Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods. Try to look for one without added sugar if you’re getting store bought.
Share the Love
Pin this recipe on Pinterest, share the link on Facebook to show family and friends, or better yet, post a picture to Instagram or Facebook of your #healthygirl recipe creation and tag me @healthygirlkitchen.
What are you waiting for? Get baking!
Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup jam of choice I used raspberry
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prep a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda and pinch of salt.
- Add peanut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla to the food processor and blend until combined. Now pour in the dry almond flour mixture into the food processor and the 2 tbsp of water. Blend until combined scraping down sides as necessary.
- Form dough into 1 -inch balls and add them on the baking sheet, leaving space in between cookies. Press down on each cookie with your thumbprint to leave a hole for the jam.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and add jam into the center of each, about 1 tsp.
- Serve and enjoy!
In good health,
If you liked this cookie recipe then you’d LOVE my plant-based gluten-free oatmeal raisin cookies!
Need a healthy brownie recipe?! Check out my famous chocolate frosted chickpea brownies.