This idea came to me on Halloween when I was craving something sweet but didn’t want junk food. These are literally like Reese’s peanut butter cups but BETTER. Say hello to my new recipe of vegan peanut butter and jelly cups!
This takes the chocolate peanut butter obsession to a new level. Adding some jelly into the mix is a total game changer. This takes me back to being a kid and having a delicious pb + j sandwich.
Take that nostalgic feeling of pb + j and combine that with melted chocolate…OMG! My mouth is watering just writing this.
This recipe is no-bake and is literally fool proof.
It starts with a layer of chocolate on the bottom of the muffin liner. Then you add a layer of peanut butter, a layer of jelly and top it with even more chocolate to complete these delicious cups. You will freeze the cups for 15 minutes in-between each layer. It’s the perfect recipe for a lazy Saturday when you’re home all day!
If you simply want this to be a peanut butter cup recipe, you can omit the jelly! However, I highly suggest you try it my way. These cups are vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, soy-free and 100% made with love.
As a health coach, I recommend that my clients replace their favorite desserts with healthier versions. If you’re trying to lose weight, it’s unrealistic to cut out desserts for the rest of your life. Instead, make desserts with cleaner, plant-based ingredients! I have an idea, you can start with these CodeGreen vegan peanut butter and jelly cups.
Are you drooling yet?! These vegan peanut butter and jelly cups are:
Share the Love
Peeps, if you make these you HAVE TO share your photos with me. Tag me @CodeGreenWellness on Instagram/Facebook, and hashtag your photo #CodeGreenWellness. Happy treat-making!
Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups
- 2.5 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 10 oz jar of jelly I used no sugar strawberry jam
- 9 tbsp peanut butter you can use creamy/crunchy or salted/unsalted
- Prepare two muffin pans with parchment paper muffin liners. You will need to prep for 18 cups.
- Add 1 cup of the chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring each time until completely melted.
- Add .5 tbsp of melted chocolate to the bottom of each muffin liner. Make sure it's spread evenly from edge to edge. You can use the underside of the .5 tbsp measure to spread it. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and add .5 tbsp of runny peanut butter to each muffin tin spreading from edge to edge. Put back into freezer for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this process for the jelly layer. Add .5 tbsp to each cup, spread evenly then put back in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Microwave 1.5 cups of the chocolate chips and with the same method as before (30 second increments). For the top layer, add a heaping .5 tbsp of melted chocolate to the top of each cup.
- Freeze for at least another 20 minutes before eating! Serve and enjoy! Store in fridge or freezer.
In good health,