Buttery, perfectly sweet, melt-in-your-mouth, vegan gluten-free sugar cookie bars are going to be on repeat in your house. These are made with almond flour and coconut flour so they are perfect if you don’t eat gluten. They also are made without eggs or dairy so they are completely vegan friendly. You are going to be obsessed with these!
How do you make the cookie dough?
This is a 1-bowl recipe which means clean-up is so easy. First, mix cornstarch and macadamia milk in a bowl. Next, add melted coconut oil, agave, cane sugar, and vanilla. Mix it up then add in almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda. Combine into dough then mix in vegan white chocolate chips, I ordered mine on Amazon! Transfer to an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-18 minutes at 350 degrees F until the edges are golden brown.
What dairy-free milk do you recommend for cookie dough?
I highly recommend Milkadamia. For the sugar cookie bars, I use the unsweetened vanilla Milkadamia milk, it adds such a great creaminess and nuttiness to the batter and I find it works great in baked goods because it’s not too watery. Their vegan nut milks are made from raw macadamia nuts that are sustainably farmed. If you want to read more about their regenerative farming practices, head over to Milkadamia’s website to learn all about it! Milkadamia’s products are all non-GMO, soy-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan. Use the Milkadamia store locator here.
How do you make the topping?
Melt some white chocolate then spread it on top of the sugar cookie bars once they’re done baking and after they’ve cooled off completely. Sprinkle with rainbow sprinkles, I use organic sprinkles colored with natural coloring but use any sprinkles you like. Feel free to use vanilla frosting instead or you don’t need to use any toppings at all, the bars are delicious on their own if you don’t want to add any more sugar.
Will my friends and family like these?
Bestie, I promise your family & friends are going to INHALE these vegan gluten-free sugar cookie bars. They are honestly addicting and such a treat. Who would ever turn down a buttery, sweet sugar cookie bar with white chocolate and sprinkles? Not me. If people in your life are skeptical about vegan/gf baking, these will change their minds. If you like these, try this vegan chocolate mug cake!
Substitutions and Alterations
- Almond flour: you can try using oat flour instead if you’re allergic to nuts!
- Melted coconut oil: try vegan butter instead or applesauce if you don’t want to use oil.
- Corn starch: use tapioca starch or potato starch if you don’t have corn starch
- White chocolate chips: substitute dark chocolate chips or nuts like macadamia nuts
A few important tips:
- Make sure to bake until the edges are golden brown
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter or in the fridge so that they hold their moisture.
- Wait until they are completely cooled before adding the white chocolate on top.
- Allow white chocolate and sprinkles to set in the freezer for 5 minutes then cut into them carefully.
Want more FREE plant-based recipes and meal ideas?
Be sure to follow me on all of my social platforms:
This post was made in partnership with Milkadamia
Vegan Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup macadamia milk I use Milkadamia
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp vegan sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a baking bowl, mix cornstarch and milk. Whisk. Add in melted coconut oil, agave, cane sugar, and vanilla. Mix.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Mix with spoon until a dough forms. Stir in 1/4 cup white chocolate chips. Pour dough into pan and press down until even.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool for 30 minutes. Melt the rest of the white chocolate then spread on top. Sprinkle on the sprinkles.
- Let set in freezer for 10 minutes then cut into bars carefully.
Made with love,