Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad
This roasted vegetable orzo salad is the perfect life changing salad to bring to a party or make for guests. It has all of the nutrients you need including protein from the chickpeas, vitamins from the veggies, and carbs from the orzo. This well balanced dish will be a crowd favorite that everyone will end up falling in love with.
What ingredients do I need?
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Vegan feta
- Parsley (for garnish!)
For the dressing:
- Olive Oil
What are the health benefits of this salad?
There are so many health benefits to this roasted vegetable orzo salad.
The bell pepper, carrots, cauliflower, and zucchini are high in antioxidants and fiber. The chickpeas along with the hummus dressing provide a great source of protein. Orzo also adds a great amount of protein while helping to give you lasting energy and fullness.
How to make it:
- Chop up all of the veggies and put on a pan.
- Place the veggies in the oven at 425 F for 30 minutes.
- Cook the orzo. While the orzo is cooking, heat the chickpeas up in the microwave with some EVOO, salt and pepper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the dressing in and garnish.
Orzo: While you could always use a gluten-free orzo if you have an allergy, another substitution for this is quinoa, farro, rice, or noodles.
Chickpeas: Any time of bean can be substituted for the chickpeas. For example, navy beans, northern beans, or cannellini beans.
Zucchini: If you have an allergy or disliking, you can substitute the zucchini, or really any of the veggies, for other veggies like squash or eggplant.
- Have extra orzo? Add some olive oil to it before storing it so it does not end up in a clump.
- Store in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Extra dressing leftover? Store in a container in the fridge up to a week.
- You can eat this warm or cold the next day.
- Furthermore, feel free to make a double batch of the dressing if you like it saucier.
Get my salad recommendations:
- Bamboo salad tongs for tossing
- I can’t live without this Huge bamboo salad bowl
If you like this easy salad idea, you are going to love the Mango Mama Salad
Roasted Vegetable Orzo Salad (With hummus dressing!)
- 3 cups cooked orzo
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 3 diced large carrots
- 1/2 head of chopped cauliflower
- 1 cubed zucchini
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup vegan feta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- garlic powder
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 2 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Chop up the veggies and put them on a baking sheet. mix in olive oil and spices. Cook for 30 minutes.
- While the veggies are in the oven, cook the orzo.
- Warm up the chickpeas in a microwave safe bowl for one minute with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper mixed in.
- Once the orzo is finished, strain and add a little bit of olive oil to keep the orzo from clumping.
- In a large bowl, add the roasted veggies, chickpeas and orzo.
- Make the dressing by mixing all ingredients together. Pour the dressing into the bowl with all of the ingredients.
- Mix it all up and garnish with parsley.
Made with love,
join the conversation
GIRL!! you hit the jackpot with this one, this recipe has become my new favorite along with many others. The hummus dressing is so good.
I avoid gluten as much as possible so ive tried it with both rice and quinoa and both turned out just as delicious.
Made this today and it was so good! Used broccoli instead of cauliflower and added some red pepper flakes to give it some extra spice. Can’t wait to try your other recipes!
So easy and delicious! My favorite kind of recipe. Will definitely be making this again!
I make this at least once month for lunches at work. I am not vegan (I eat meat and cheese). I find this absolutely delicious… I substitute the vegan feta for real feta. I make the batch and keep the dressing on the side and bring it to work throughout the week. Even my husband loves this recipe!
I can’t wait to try this fixing this for supper tomorrow. I’m at the highest weight I’ve ever been. Looking forward to changing that.
Love this recipe! It’s on repeat in my home.
This is my all time FAVORITE. It is amazing I could eat it every day!
Question- is the amount of calories known per serving?
This made a perfect lunch. I tried it both warm and cold. Both were excellent. Thanks for not disappointing. This was the very first recipe of yours that I’ve made. You can believe I will make many more!
I am so happy I tried this, it has become a frequently made favorite in my home! So easy and a delicious way to eat more healthy vegetables. Thank you so much for sharing this bestie, truly is a life-changing salad!
Wowza this is good! I just made this easy recipe. It’s delicious, easy, and quick. Yummy!