This mango mama salad didn’t go viral on social media for nothing. It’s crispy, crunchy, sweet, savory and perfectly cashew cilantro dressing makes it perfectly creamy. Of course, it’s chopped super small which makes salads WAY better. This salad is made with kale. The secret to salad not getting soggy is using kale because it holds up super well for days.
If you need a new salad recipe that’s healthy, easy and literally SO delish, this is going to be your new favorite.
What ingredients do I need to make the mango mama salad?
- Curly kale
- Fresh or frozen corn
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
For the dressing you need:
- Raw Cashews
- Avocado oil
What are the health benefits of this salad?
The vitamin C in this mango mama salad is super high which is a powerful antioxidant. This helps with collagen production, anti-aging, disease prevention, heart protection, clear + youthful skin, etc.
If you have any issues with constipation, this salad is packed with soluble and insoluble fiber. Kale is amazing veggie to add to your diet for cleaning out your colon and getting things moving. Eat this salad more often to prevent constipation. Preventing constipation will also help to combat bloating.
The healthy fats from the cashews and antioxidants from the veggies are great for brain health, and hormone health and hormone regulation.
How to make it:
- Steam the corn. The easiest method is to cut the corn off the cob and microwave for a few minutes or use frozen corn and microwave that.
- Chop all of the veggies and mango into a small dice! Trust me, it makes the salad better.
- Add all the veggies into a bowl.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Pour over the salad! That’s it!
Kale: Can’t have kale or don’t like it? Use shredded green + purple cabbage. It would be crunchy and hold up just as well if not BETTER than kale in this salad.
Mango: Strawberries make a great substitute if you want to swap out the mango! they are sweet and easy to find.
Cashews: I know a lot of people have cashew allergies. Don’t worry. Feel free to use hemp seeds as a nut-free substitute.
Avocado Oil: If you don’t want to add oil to the dressing, use more cashews and add more water.
Cucumber: Shredded carrots would be yummy in here instead of cucumber.
- If you’re meal prepping this salad and not eating it fresh, leave the avocado on the side.
- Dice all of the veggies and mango into a small dice. This is a key aspect to making this salad as great as it is.
- Store in the fridge up to 4 days.
- Extra dressing leftover? Store in a container in the fridge up to a week.
Get my salad recommendations:
- Wash your lettuce easily with this salad spinner
- Bamboo salad tongs for tossing
- I can’t live without this Huge bamboo salad bowl
If you like this easy salad idea, you are going to love these rainbow peanut noodles.
Mango Mama Salad (with creamy cilantro dressing!)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups cubed mango
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 head cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic
- Chop + dice all veggies and mango.
- Use frozen or fresh corn and steam in microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add all veggies into a large salad bowl.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour over salad, toss and enjoy!
join the conversation
I’ve just realised I missed the sweetcorn out as I followed the list of ingredients as stated and it’s missing. Other than that this salad is absolutely lush.
I am so glad!