These vegan rainbow peanut noodles make the easiest 15-minute dinner. If you’re trying to eat healthier but you don’t know where to start, this simple plant-based noodle dish is easy to make and tastes out-of-this world amazing.
The best part is that you can eat the leftovers for up to 5 days!
- whole wheat thin spaghetti
- purple cabbage
- large carrots
- red bell pepper
- frozen shelled edamame
- peanut butter
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- maple syrup
- toasted sesame oil
- garlic + ginger
How do you make the vegan rainbow peanut noodles?
Start by boiling water and cooking your pasta. You can use any kind of noodles you like: ramen, pad thai rice noodles, regular spaghetti, you name it. Whatever you find or have on hand works here.
While the pasta boils, prepare and chop your vegetables. Slice the red pepper, shred the cabbage thin, chop the cilantro and make carrot ribbons by using a peeler on the large carrots.
For the edamame, just microwave the frozen edamame for a few minutes until cooked. Takes about 3 minutes.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
Drain the pasta and add into a bowl, add all of the veggies in and pour the dressing on top.
Edamame: can’t have soy? Use sugar snap peas instead!
Soy Sauce: if you are gluten-free or soy-free use coconut aminos instead. It’s a soy sauce alternative, I love it!
Nut allergy: use tahini or toasted sesame paste in the dressing instead of peanut butter if you have a peanut allergy. If you are not allergic to tree nuts you could use almond butter as well.
Noodles: If you are gluten-free and can’t use whole wheat spaghetti, I highly recommend pad thai rice noodles.
- Store in the fridge up to 5 days!
- Meal prep this on Sunday and eat for lunches or dinners throughout the week.
- Bump up the protein by adding sautéed tofu to this recipe.
More Vegan Noodle Recipes:
Besties, if you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag @healthygirlkitchen on Instagram or TikTok. Also, if you could leave a comment and a rating on this blog that would mean the world! Here is the link to buy my viral salad bowl from Instagram!
Vegan Rainbow Peanut Noodles
- 16 oz whole wheat thin spaghetti
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup carrot ribbons
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1.5 cups red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- sesame seeds garnish
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Boil water and cook pasta.
- While pasta cooks, prep veggies. Microwave frozen edamame for 3 minutes or until cooked, slice peppers, chop cilantro, shred purple cabbage thin.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- To a large serving bowl, add the pasta, veggies and sauce. Use tongs to toss. Sprinkle on sesame seeds.