This one pan vegan dinner is done in 30 minutes and it’s going to be your new go-to meal! One pan dinners are literally the easiest way to get dinner on the table. You’ll bake your protein, carb and veggie on the same tray and the clean-up is the best part because it’s so minimal. Save time in the kitchen and spare the huge clean-up with this simple way to make dinner.
This one pan vegan dinner is plant-based, gluten-free, oil-free optional and has no added sugar. It’s a healthy dinner that’s simple that also tastes delicious. You can adjust the portions based on how many people you need to feed. Feel free to make two identical pans (double the recipe) if you have a large family.
What is included in this one pan vegan dinner?
- Tofu: I recommend high protein tofu or extra firm tofu. Basically, get the firmest tofu that you can find! The least amount of moisture it has the better. You can press the tofu to get extra moisture out.
- Sweet potato: great complex carbohydrate that’s absolutely delicious when roasted. It’s packed with fiber and vitamin A! Sweet potato is also great for digestion. I like making slices with the sweet potatoes but you can cube it! This recipe is very versatile. Don’t like sweet potato? Use butternut squash!
- Green beans: I used pre-washed pre cut green beans from Josie’s Organics because I am all about conveniece!
Why is it important to use organic produce?
I use the pre-washed and pre cut green beans for this one pan vegan dinner from Josie’s Organics, an amazing all organic company that grows their produce in the fertile California Valley. You can even buy the bags of these and freeze them so they don’t go bad.
Josie’s Organics doesn’t use any synthetic fertilizers or pesticides on their farms. This is so important! If I see Josie’s Organics in the grocery store, I snatch it up real quick because it’s truly such fresh produce. You can find their produce at stores like Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Sprouts and many more. Be sure to look out for Josie’s Organics in your local store! Use their store locator here!
What sauce is included in this one pan vegan dinner?
I created a delicious Asian flavor inspired sauce to coat the veggies and tofu. It has coconut aminos, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and more! Basically, you’ll whisk all the sauce ingredients together, which only takes 1 minute and then you’ll pour it over the pan! So easy, so quick. The key to liking simple plant-based foods is giving them flavor which this sauce does a great job of! Feel free to make more of this yummy sauce to keep in the fridge and use throughout the week.
It makes the tofu get crispy and it makes it taste 100 times better than plain tofu!
A few important tips:
- Add the sauce to the veggies and tofu before you bake!
- Do not under-bake. Make sure the sweet potatoes are tender and cooked through. A fork should easily pierce through them.
- If the tofu you have is holding a lot of moisture, press it ahead of time using a towel or tofu press. I recommend high protein firm tofu.
- Add sesame seeds on top when it’s done baking! Don’t add them ahead of time because they might burn.
- Feel free to double the recipe if you have more people to feed, however you might need 2 pans for that.
Is this meal nutritionally balanced?
Yes! 100%. The tofu provides a great source of healthy fats and plant-protein. The sweet potato provides vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, and complex carbohydrates. The green beans add a heart healthy vegetable and a green to your plate. It is important to always make sure you have veggies on your plate! This is a very well balanced vegan meal. I know it can be intimidating putting a meal together when you are plant-based so hopefully this helps!
More easy plant-based recipes:
- Vegan Fried Rice
- Vegan Pad Thai
- One Pot Mushroom Leek Risotto
- Easy Minestrone Soup
- Vegan Cheesy Cauliflower Potato Casserole
Want more FREE plant-based recipes and meal ideas?
Be sure to follow me on all of my social platforms:
One Pan Vegan Dinner
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 sliced sweet potato
- 3 cups green beans I use pre-washed green beans from Josie's Organics!
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil or sesame paste use sesame paste if you are oil-free
- 1 tsp ginger fresh or powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- red chili flakes or sriracha for spice optional
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Prep and baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cube the tofu in 1 inch cubes. Add them to the baking sheet.
- Slice sweet potato in 1/4 inch thick slices. Add them to the baking sheet.
- Add green beans to the baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk sauce ingredients together and drizzle it on top of the pan. Mix the tofu, potatoes and green beans with the sauce until completely covered and combined.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes! Sprinkle on sesame seeds. Enjoy!
This recipe was created in partnership with Josie’s Organics. I am so thankful to partner with such an amazing company dedicated to organic farming.
Made with love,