Homemade Vegan Lasagna is here!
Are you ready to have your mind blown?
This healthy version of lasagna will seriously be your new favorite easy dinner to make. Homemade vegan lasagna for the win! Growing up, my mom used the make the most amazing lasagna. It was easily one of the best things she made.
I have to say, this vegan version tastes pretty damn close to my moms.
This recipe is:
✔️Free of refined sugars
✔️Gluten-free optional (just use GF lasagna noodles)
I start off by adding tomato sauce to the bottom of the pan with a little bit of water. Then I line the whole wheat lasagna noodles on top!
Dollop on the tofu ricotta and more sauce.
Spread the ricotta. Keep layering like this and repeat until you run out of ricotta.
Omg. Would you look at how beautiful this homemade vegan lasagna is when it comes out of the oven?! I topped mine with vegan parmesan cheese and it added the perfect texture on top.
I couldn’t control myself while taking the pictures for this blog (I kept taking bites as we photographed..sorry not sorry). The lasagna smelled way too good…my whole house smelled like an Italian restaurant.
My boyfriend is a lucky man. He reaps all the benefits from me being a food blogger.
He works out a lot and his weight lifting requires some heavy duty plant-based duel. This homemade vegan lasagna was perfect for his insatiable appetite.
Layers of goodness
Share the Love
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later, share the recipe link on Facebook for friends and family to see, or post a picture to Instagram so I can see your CodeGreen creations.
What are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Homemade Vegan Lasagna (oil-free)
- 1-2 package of lasagna noodles I used DeLallo whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 jars marinara sauce try to find one with no added sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- vegan parmesan for topping
Tofu Ricotta Filling
- 1 16 oz pacakage firm tofu I used the high-protein tofu from Trader Joe's
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare the tofu ricotta by adding all the ingredients into the food processor. Blend until creamy and well combined.
- Prep the bottom of a baking dish (9x12 will work) by adding about 1/2 cup marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan and 2 tbsp water. Spread it around evenly.
- Add a layer of 4 lasagna noodles (or however many you can fit). Next, add about 2 tbsp of ricotta cheese to each noodle. Add some marinara sauce and spread around - be generous. Add another layer of pasta and repeat this process until you run out of ricotta cheese.
- Top with vegan parmesan and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes covered and 15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve and enjoy!
In good health,