It isn’t a proper Thanksgiving meal without some cranberry sauce! Forget the can opener and make your own 2- ingredient homemade cranberry sauce! No refined sugar added – yes please!
2 simple ingredients, 1 delicious cranberry sauce
Huge fan of Thanksgiving but want a healthier menu this year?! Canned or jarred cranberry sauce is filled with TONS of sugar. Since it’s canned the cranberries lose their nutrients.
Make this 2-ingredient homemade cranberry sauce for an amazing alternative. It’s BEYOND delish!
Simply add the cranberries, water and maple syrup into a pot, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes until the cranberries have burst and you’re left with yummy, tart, sweet, cranberry sauce!
Need something simple and easy to bring your family’s Thanksgiving dinner?! This is absolutely perfect.
Also, this 2-ingredient homemade cranberry sauce is delicious doubled as a jam. Make a Thanksgiving edition pb + J sandwich with cranberry sauce instead of jelly. The best part is that this freezes really well and it can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
You can also use frozen cranberries if you can’t find fresh. I found fresh cranberries at Trader Joe’s! They are readily available this time of year so make sure to snatch some up to make this amazing cranberry sauce.
Share the Love
Share this recipe on Facebook, post a picture of your creation on Instagram, pin to Pinterest or share with co-workers on LinkedIn. Comment, rate and provide feedback on this recipe if you make it – it means so much to me.
Do you have recipe suggestions for CodeGreen? Don’t hesitate to let me know!
Hey! Do you want more healthy vegan recipes?! Follow me on Instagram @CodeGreenWellness!
2-Ingredient Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 2 bags fresh cranberries about 24 oz
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups water
- Add cranberries, water and maple syrup to a pot and bring to a boil, once boiling cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Store in container in fridge. It will thicken more as it cools!
- Serve and enjoy!
- I used 3/4 cup maple syrup for a perfectly tart to sweet ratio. If you like a sweeter cranberry sauce you can do 1 cup maple syrup.
- Store in container in fridge for up to a week.
- You can freeze this as well
In good health,