This easy dinner and delicious Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas recipe is going to be your favorite new dinner in your weekly meal rotation! I know you are going to love the flavors of this recipe, and also not having to spend hours prepping and cleaning this amazing dinner.
This is a sheet pan dinner that is basically mess-free because all you need is a baking sheet with parchment paper, a cutting board and a knife.
Notes on Ingredients
Please take note that this is important information about the ingredients used in this recipe and the FULL recipe with measurements and details can be found DOWN BELOW (scroll to it) in the recipe card.
- Peppers – I like to use different colored bell peppers like red, yellow and green but use any color you can find or that you like the best.
- White onion – onion will give this a great classic fajita flavor.
- Vegan chicken – I use Daring chicken brand but you can use tofu!
- Taco seasoning – this is the easiest way to season this. Just get a taco seasoning packet from the grocery store.
- Cilantro – adds such a nice freshness! Use fresh not dried. Omit if you don’t like cilantro.
- Fresh lime – lime juice adds a zest and the perfect acidity. Use as a garnish on top when these are done.
- Vegan sour cream – you can use homemade or store bought.
- Tortillas – I like using soft fajita style tortillas. Warm them up before serving, trust me!
How do you make Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas?
Just a few easy steps and you’ll have dinner ready!
Prep the vegetables. Start by slicing up the onions and bell peppers and adding them to a sheet pan along with the vegan chicken.
Season. Add on a little oil, add on the taco seasoning straight to the sheet pan, and use tongs to make sure the veggies and chicken are well coated.
Bake. This will cook in the oven for about 30 minutes until they are done.
Warm the tortillas. Warm up the tortillas in the microwave, in foil in the oven or on a pan. This will make your fajitas 100 times better.
Assemble. Once the veggies and vegan chicken are out of the oven, start to build your fajita. Start with the tortilla on the bottom, add the peppers and onions, then the chicken, and top with sour cream, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.
Commonly Asked Questions
- What type of tortilla should I use? Any! You can use any tortilla that you enjoy, or even get creative and put it over rice, lettuce, or eat by itself!
- Do I have to make my own sour cream? Nope! While my cashew sour cream is truly incredible, you can also purchase a store bought vegan sour cream to save time.
- Do I have to use red, green, and yellow bell peppers? Not at all! You can use any color of bell peppers.
- Will my kids enjoy this? Yes! You can add a lot or a little of the spice depending on who you are making this for. Have a partner who loves a kick? Add some extra spice! Making it for a younger crowd? You may want to hold back on that spice.
Extra Helpful Tips
- Use parchment paper under your peppers and onions to help make clean up easy. I use to use these parchment paper sheets – they don’t require any cutting or ripping. Order them here.
- Warm up the tortillas before making your fajita.
- Prepare your toppings while the veggies are in the oven cooking.
- If you are wanting the BEST sour cream, give a go at making my vegan cashew sour cream while the veggies are in the oven. Don’t have time to make it? Use a store bought sour cream. If you are dairy-free, I love the Kite Hill brand sour cream.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
How to Store + Use Leftovers
- Store leftover fajita fillings in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat the next day and make more fajitas.
- Ran out of tortillas? Use rice or quinoa as a base and make a fajita bowl the next day. Top with any leftover toppings as well like your sour cream, cilantro and lime.
Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 bags vegan chicken I use Daring brand (sub tofu!)
- 1 bag fajita tortillas
- 1 lime
- vegan sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice peppers and onion in strips (fajita style) and add to the baking sheet along with the vegan chicken.
- Coat the vegan chicken and veggies in olive oil and add the taco seasoning.
- Using tongs, make sure all of the sheet pan ingredients are coated with the taco seasoning.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Add the veggies and vegan chicken to the fajita soft taco shells and garnish with lime, cilantro, and sour cream.