VEGAN PUMPKIN BREAD IS HERE!
MOIST. FLUFFY. A LITTLE SWEET. A HINT OF PUMPKIN SPICE. OMG.
This pumpkin bread is not only delicious but it’s also nutritious. This bread is perfect for a snack, a great dessert for when guests are over, or even for breakfast (I won’t tell).
I used applesauce in this recipe instead of oil to keep the fat and calories a bit lower and I didn’t use any refined sugar. Coconut sugar is a great sweetener because it has a low glycemic index (won’t cause a huge spike to your blood sugar) and maple syrup is amazing as well because it’s completely pure and unrefined – it’s unprocessed and in its natural state.
Cozy up with some tea, a blanket, a slice of pumpkin bread, and your favorite movie or book…doesn’t that sound so nice?!
This Recipe Is:
This recipe is completely oil-free, the pumpkin puree adds a great moistness to this recipe and makes it the perfect texture. A slice of vegan pumpkin bread is perfect for a quick breakfast, a snack in the afternoon, to bring with you to a pot-luck or to impress your friends and family!
Everyone who I have made this for and those who have already created this recipe have raved to me about how surprisingly yummy it is!
If you make this recipe I want to see your creations! Post a picture of your finished vegan pumpkin bread on Facebook or Instagram and tag me @CodeGreenWellness or share with your friends on Pinterest. I also love making connections with you guys so don’t hesitate to introduce yourself.
- High in Vitamin A
- Boosts immune system
- Improves eyesight
- High in disease fighting antioxidants
- Reduces disease risk
- Lowers blood pressure
- Easy to digest
- Improves sleep
- Lowers cholesterol
I used organic canned pumpkin puree but you can use fresh steamed as well!
Come over and share a slice of vegan pumpkin bread with me! I wish you could smell this over the computer…it’s permeating my home with pumpkin goodness – YES PLEASE!
Vegan Pumpkin Bread (gluten-free, oil-free)
- 1 flax egg (1.5 tbsp flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- Raw pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top
- 2 tbsp mashed banana
- Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl and preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Get loaf pan ready by lining it with parchment paper
- To flax eggs, add pumpkin, mashed banana, maple syrup, and applesauce. Mix to combine.
- Next, add coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and mix.
- Add water and mix again.
- Now add the oats, almond meal, and gluten-free flour blend and mix together.
- Pour the batter into loaf pan and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top (you can even do chocolate chips if you want)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until very golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove from oven and let set in pan for at least 20 minutes and then gently transfer to a plate to cool.
- Let cool completely before slicing, at least an hour.
- Slice it gently - don't be too rough.
- Once completely cooled off, store in a covered container or cover with plastic wrap at room temperature to keep fresh.
If you make this recipe, I would love to see your creations! Post on Instagram and tag me @CodeGreenWellness.
*Adapted from Minimalist Baker
Do you need a health coach?
✖️Are you sick of dieting and failing?
✖️Do you want to lose weight and keep it off for good?
✖️Do you want to still eat delicious food while losing weight?
✖️Do you want to get healthy but need guidance and support?
✖️Do you want to lose weight without counting calories and measuring your food?
✖️Do you want to feel GOOD again?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, I am here to help. I am a holistic health coach and I am offering FREE health consultations. Email me at CodeGreenWellness@gmail.com to schedule a consult with me! Don’t hesitate to reach out.
In good health,
join the conversation
My husband told me this is the best bread I’ve ever made! Do you have the nutritional information for the recipe?
Thanks for the delicious recipe!!