VEGAN PUMPKIN BREAD IS HERE!
MOIST. FLUFFY. A LITTLE SWEET. A HINT OF PUMPKIN SPICE. OMG.
This pumpkin bread is not only delicious but it’s also nutritious. This bread is perfect for a snack, a great dessert for when guests are over, or even for breakfast (I won’t tell).
I used applesauce in this recipe instead of oil to keep the fat and calories a bit lower and I didn’t use any refined sugar. Coconut sugar is a great sweetener because it has a low glycemic index (won’t cause a huge spike to your blood sugar) and maple syrup is amazing as well because it’s completely pure and unrefined – it’s unprocessed and in its natural state.
Cozy up with some tea, a blanket, a slice of pumpkin bread, and your favorite movie or book…doesn’t that sound so nice?!
This Recipe Is:
This recipe is completely oil-free, the pumpkin puree adds a great moistness to this recipe and makes it the perfect texture. A slice of vegan pumpkin bread is perfect for a quick breakfast, a snack in the afternoon, to bring with you to a pot-luck or to impress your friends and family!
Everyone who I have made this for and those who have already created this recipe have raved to me about how surprisingly yummy it is!
If you make this recipe I want to see your creations! Post a picture of your finished vegan pumpkin bread on Facebook or Instagram and tag me @CodeGreenWellness or share with your friends on Pinterest. I also love making connections with you guys so don’t hesitate to introduce yourself.
- High in Vitamin A
- Boosts immune system
- Improves eyesight
- High in disease fighting antioxidants
- Reduces disease risk
- Lowers blood pressure
- Easy to digest
- Improves sleep
- Lowers cholesterol
I used organic canned pumpkin puree but you can use fresh steamed as well!
Come over and share a slice of vegan pumpkin bread with me! I wish you could smell this over the computer…it’s permeating my home with pumpkin goodness – YES PLEASE!
Vegan Pumpkin Bread (gluten-free, oil-free)
- 1 flax egg (1.5 tbsp flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- Raw pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top
- 2 tbsp mashed banana
- Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl and preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Get loaf pan ready by lining it with parchment paper
- To flax eggs, add pumpkin, mashed banana, maple syrup, and applesauce. Mix to combine.
- Next, add coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and mix.
- Add water and mix again.
- Now add the oats, almond meal, and gluten-free flour blend and mix together.
- Pour the batter into loaf pan and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top (you can even do chocolate chips if you want)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until very golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove from oven and let set in pan for at least 20 minutes and then gently transfer to a plate to cool.
- Let cool completely before slicing, at least an hour.
- Slice it gently - don't be too rough.
- Once completely cooled off, store in a covered container or cover with plastic wrap at room temperature to keep fresh.
If you make this recipe, I would love to see your creations! Post on Instagram and tag me @CodeGreenWellness.
*Adapted from Minimalist Baker
Do you need a health coach?
✖️Are you sick of dieting and failing?
✖️Do you want to lose weight and keep it off for good?
✖️Do you want to still eat delicious food while losing weight?
✖️Do you want to get healthy but need guidance and support?
✖️Do you want to lose weight without counting calories and measuring your food?
✖️Do you want to feel GOOD again?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, I am here to help. I am a holistic health coach and I am offering FREE health consultations. Email me at CodeGreenWellness@gmail.com to schedule a consult with me! Don’t hesitate to reach out.
In good health,