This vegan power bowl is extremely nutrient dense and is filled with plant-based protein, fiber and healthy fats. This is an healthy ideal lunch. A vegan power bowl is filling, simple, nutritious and SO yummy at the same time.
I call this a vegan power bowl is because it’s LOADED with essential vitamins and minerals. The best part about this kind of meal is that you can add whatever you want to a power bowl and customize it to your likes and dietary preferences.
What ingredients do you need?
- turmeric quinoa
- sweet potatoes
- mini cherry tomatoes
- hemp seeds
- spring mix lettuce
- dressing: nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, olive oil
This recipe is: plant-based, gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free.
What is the best way to store this produce to keep it fresh?
I used mini yellow and red heirloom tomatoes, keep them on the counter if you plan to eat them within 3 days, if not, put them in the fridge. You can use any kind of tomatoes that you like, though.
In addition, I used a spring mix style lettuce but feel free to use romaine, spinach, arugula, or even butter lettuce. Keep your greens fresh by storing them with a paper towel to soak up any moisture! Romaine lasts a while if you keep it in a sealed bag in the crisper drawer in your fridge.
Store sweet potatoes in a cool dark place like the fridge. Once your avocados ripen, keep in the fridge to increase their longevity.
How do you make turmeric quinoa?
One of my absolute favorite ways to get my daily dose of turmeric is to add it into my quinoa while it cooks! Simply add in about 1/4 tsp turmeric powder into your quinoa water and the quinoa will absorb it as it cooks. Want to make the quinoa even better? Add half a can of full fat coconut milk.
Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory that is amazing for cancer prevention, concentration, reducing inflammation naturally and fighting diseases.
Tip: make a batch of this turmeric quinoa for the week so you can add it into your lunches and dinners. I added about 1 cup of this to the vegan power bowl!
How do you make the simple salad dressing?
One of the easiest salad dressings to make is this apple cider vinaigrette. It only has four ingredients: nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar and olive oil.
Whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until combined, how easy is that?
I have been making my own dressings now for a long time, it is so much healthier to make your own than to get bottled dressings in the store that are filled with preservatives, sugar and artificial additives.
What are the health benefits of this vegan power bowl?
It is important to eat meals with a lot of color! Here is a little tip, the more colors from natural foods in your meal, the more nutrients it has!
For example, beets are very high in antioxidants and folate, sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A and help to balance hormones, quinoa is a complete protein, and tomatoes are high in vitamin C and lycopene.
- Prevents constipation due to it’s high fiber content
- Aids in digestion
- Boosts mood + energy
- Great for pregnancy and supporting a growing baby (those beets pack a lot of folate!)
- Reduces unwanted inflammation
- Sprinkle hemp seeds on top of this bowl for extra healthy fats, protein, fiber and vitamins.
- Add lentils, chickpeas or tofu to the bowl for extra plant-based protein!
- Meal prep a big batch of the sweet potatoes and quinoa for easy bowl making throughout the week.
- Buy pre-steamed beets! It’s easy easier than making them from scratch.
- Keep a container of the apple cider vinaigrette in your fridge to add to easily add to your bowls.
Why add hemp seeds to the bowl?
Hemp seeds are a powerhouse of nutrition as they pack about 11 grams of protein per three tablespoon serving.
They are actually a complete protein which means hemp seeds contain all of the essential amino acids. In addition, hemp seeds are filled with fiber, essential omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, potassium, manganese, phosphorus, vitamin E, zinc, iron and calcium.
Get my salad recommendations:
If you like this easy bowl idea, you are going to love the Mango Mama Salad!
Vegan Power Bowl (gluten-free + easy)
- 3 cups spring mix or lettuce of choice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa add 1/4 tsp turmeric to the quinoa's cooking water
- 1 cup roasted cubed sweet potatoes use air-fryer to cut the time
- 3/4 cup steamed beets I buy pre-steamed
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into cubes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, add the potatoes on top, spray with olive oil and season with salt + pepper to taste. Roast until tender!
- Cook quinoa according to box instructions. You will need 2 cups of water and 1 cup uncooked quinoa. Add 1/4 tsp turmeric to the cooking water.
- Prep veggies! Chop up beets, tomato and avocado.
- Add your lettuce into your bowl then topped with all of your other ingredients!
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a bowl, or shake in a mason jar, then pour as much or as little as you'd like on top of your bowl.
- Serve and enjoy!
Made with love,