This vegan Mediterranean couscous salad is fresh, flavorful, filling and perfect for lunches or an addition to a beautiful dinner. I use pearl couscous as it’s larger than regular couscous. This is packed with delicious vegetables like tomatoes, roasted cauliflower, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley pesto dressing, and spinach! You have to save this recipe and make it ASAP!
What ingredients do I need to make this recipe?
- Israeli pearl couscous
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Roasted cauliflower
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
Will my non-vegan friends and family enjoy this Mediterranean couscous salad?
Yes! Couscous is basically a small pasta made from semolina. I am sure your guests are pasta and rice lovers and they will love couscous as well. The flavors in this dish are out of this world. Every time I make this for people who come over to my house, they rave about it and ask for the recipe immediately. They’re always wowed at how simple the dish is to make (it looks way more fancy and complicated than it actually is!).
How do you make a vegan Mediterranean couscous salad?
First, cook the pearl couscous! You cook it just like rice and it takes only 10 minutes depending on the couscous you get. While the couscous cooks, roast your cauliflower, and prep your veggies. You can halve the cherry tomatoes, chop the sun-dried tomatoes, shred the spinach and make the parsley pesto dressing! Once the couscous is done cooking, fluff with a fork and add into a serving bowl. Add the veggies and drizzle on the dressing. Toss well and serve! This can be eaten room temperature or cold out of the fridge – I prefer room temperature myself.
Why is it important to use organic veggies?
I use Josie’s Organics baby spinach in this recipe. I love that it’s pre-washed Josie’s Organics is an amazing all organic company that grows their produce in the fertile California Valley. It is especially important to get organic greens because they are apart of the dirty dozen.
Josie’s Organics doesn’t use any synthetic fertilizers or pesticides on their farms. If I see Josie’s Organics in the grocery store, I snatch it up real quick because it’s truly such fresh produce. You can find their produce at stores like Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Sprouts and many more. Be sure to look out for Josie’s Organics in your local store! Use their store locator here!
A few important tips:
- Do not overcook the couscous – watch it carefully! Once the water is absorbed it’s done. In addition, Fluff with a fork so it doesn’t stick together.
- You can blend the parsley sauce in the food processor or blender! I prefer a food processor so it still leaves a little texture.
- Halve the tomatoes so they’re easier to eat!
- You don’t need to heat this dish up – it’s meant to be more fresh and at room temperature.
Vegan Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 16 oz pearl couscous
- 2 cups chopped spinach I use Josie's Organics
- 1-2 cups roasted cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1.5 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
Parsley Pesto Dressing
- 1 head parsley I use Josie's Organics
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil omit if you're oil-free
- Cook couscous following box instructions then fluff with a fork.
- Roast your chopped cauliflower on a baking sheet with parchment at 450 degrees F for 25 minutes or until fork tender and golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the spinach, halve the tomatoes, and chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add the couscous, cauliflower and others veggies to a large serving bowl with spices.
- Pour dressing over top and toss well! Enjoy and serve.
Parsley Pesto Dressing
- Blend dressing ingredients in blender or food processor.
Made with love,