YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST ITEM…VEGANIZED.
Omg…this vegan breakfast sandwich is so yummy, filling, nutritious and is a great plant-based alternative to a traditional breakfast sandwich. This has all the flavor without any of the cholesterol or cruelty.
Meat-free, egg-free and dairy-free…still so delish!
I made one breakfast sandwich for myself and one for my boyfriend, we both gobbled them up! These vegan breakfast sandwiches are super filling and will keep you full for HOURS (without being heavy)!
If you know you need to be on the go all day and need something substantial, you should give this a try!
This recipe is:
If you’re adding tempeh bacon to this sandwich, I would recommend the organic one from Trader Joe’s but any tempeh will work.
Tempeh is high in protein, fiber and is great for gut health because it is fermented.
For the english muffins, I used the organic sprouted ezekiel english muffins – if you are gluten intolerant or want to keep this gluten-free, you can use the gluten-free version of these by the Food for Life brand!
Also, the “egg” of this vegan breakfast sandwich is made from tofu. I get the organic non-gmo tofu from Trader Joe’s, it is very high in plant-based protein.
To add some freshness to this vegan breakfast sandwich, I added tomato and mashed avocado. Tomato is filled with vitamin C, lycopene and disease fighting antioxidants. Avocado is a great healthy fat that adds an amazing texture to this!
I used a cup to shape the tofu into a circle so it would fit perfectly on the english muffin. Also, feel free to use thick or thin slices of tomato…totally up to you! You can either slice or mash the avocado, I chose to mash it.
The tofu egg is the perfect egg alternative, it gives a similar texture and mild taste.
In addition, I added anti-inflammatory promoting turmeric to my tofu egg as well as salt and pepper.
Have you ever tried a tofu egg?! Tell me in the comments.
This was my sandwich.
Bottom layer – avocado
Middle layer – tofu egg
Top layer – tomato
OMG…could it be any more beautiful?!
Your typical standard American breakfast sandwich is filled with cholesterol, saturated fat, sodium, processed meat and cheese and everything that promotes heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
You need to try MY healthy version of a breakfast sandwich! You won’t be disappointed.
My boyfriend’s sandwich.
He wanted tempeh bacon on his so that is just what I did! This is actually smokey maple tempeh bacon…its DELISH! This sandwich was stacked! Just how we like it!
1st layer – avocado
2nd layer – tofu egg
3rd layer – tomato slices
4th layer – tempeh bacon
Other optional add-ons:
Veggie meat patty
Share the Love
If you make this, I would love to see your creations! Post a picture of your vegan breakfast sandwich and tag me at CodeGreenWellness on Instagram or Facebook or share with your friends on Pinterest.
Vegan Breakfast Sandwich (oil-free)
- 1 english muffin I used sprouted ezekiel english muffins
- tomato slices as little or as much as you'd like
- mashed avocado as little or as much as you'd like
- salt + pepper to taste
Smokey Maple Tempeh Bacon
- 5 slices tempeh thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 drops natural liquid smoke
- 1 slice tofu about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- salt + pepper to taste
- Slice your tomato and mash your avocado then set aside.
- You can get out two pans to make your tofu egg and tempeh bacon at the same time
- To make the tempeh bacon, slice it about 1/8-1/4 of an inch thick. Put your pan on medium heat. Place the tempeh slices in the pan and then add the coconut aminos, maple syrup and liquid smoke. Set simmer in the sauce for about 3 min or until the sauce thickens a bit, then flip over (should only take about 5 minutes to make).
- For the tofu egg, cut a slice of tofu about 1/2 of an inch thick, add into a pan that's on medium heat. Add the tablespoon of water and turmeric into a little bowl and mix them together. Then pour half that mixture onto the tofu egg. Cook on that side for about 3 minutes then flip over and add the other half of the turmeric water and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Toast your english muffin then top it with all of your goodies! I recommend this order - mashed up avocado, tofu egg, tomato slices, tempeh bacon. Add salt and pepper to everything to taste.
I hope you love this as much as I do!
In good health,