Raise your hand if you love sweet potatoes!
Roasted sweet potatoes are delicious by themselves but when paired with a chipotle aioli…OMG. This aioli is completely plant-based and is actually made out of sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are rich in b vitamins and are a great source of iron, calcium, magnesium, protein, vitamin E, zinc, potassium, and healthy fats. Sweet potatoes are also amazing for your health – they are high in vitamin A, high in fiber, vitamin C, rich with beta-carotene, they prevent cancer, lower blood pressure, balance hormones, and promote relaxation.
- Sweet potatoes cubed (make as much or as little as you want)
- 1.5 cups sunflower seeds (boil for 5-10 minutes to soften)
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice from half a lemon
- Sprinkle in salt + garlic powder to taste (for both sweet potatoes and aioli)
- 2 tsp hot sauce of your choice
How To – Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cube sweet potatoes and put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Season sweet potatoes with garlic and salt
- Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes or until fork tender and crispy
- If the potatoes are soft but are not crispy, turn on the broiler for a few minutes until they crisp up
How to – Aioli:
- Boil sunflower seeds for 5-10 minutes then strain
- Add sunflower seeds to blender with water, lemon, garlic, salt, and hot sauce
- If you want a thinner aioli you can slowly add in more water
- Blend until completely smooth
- Serve with potatoes and enjoy!
Do you need a health coach?
Are you sick of dieting and failing?
Do you want to lose weight and keep it off for good?
Do you want to still eat delicious food while losing weight?
Do you want to get healthy but need guidance and support?
Do you just want to feel good again?
Do you want to get healthy but don’t know where to start?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, I am here to help. I am a holistic health coach and I am offering FREE health consultations. Email me at CodeGreenWellness@gmail.com! Don’t hesitate to reach out! Follow me on Instagram @CodeGreenWellness for healthy recipes and all things wellness!