Raise your hand if you love sweet potatoes!
Roasted sweet potatoes are delicious by themselves but when paired with a chipotle aioli…OMG. This aioli is completely plant-based and is actually made out of sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are rich in b vitamins and are a great source of iron, calcium, magnesium, protein, vitamin E, zinc, potassium, and healthy fats. Sweet potatoes are also amazing for your health – they are high in vitamin A, high in fiber, vitamin C, rich with beta-carotene, they prevent cancer, lower blood pressure, balance hormones, and promote relaxation.
- Sweet potatoes cubed (make as much or as little as you want)
- 1.5 cups sunflower seeds (boil for 5-10 minutes to soften)
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice from half a lemon
- Sprinkle in salt + garlic powder to taste (for both sweet potatoes and aioli)
- 2 tsp hot sauce of your choice
How To – Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cube sweet potatoes and put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Season sweet potatoes with garlic and salt
- Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes or until fork tender and crispy
- If the potatoes are soft but are not crispy, turn on the broiler for a few minutes until they crisp up
How to – Aioli:
- Boil sunflower seeds for 5-10 minutes then strain
- Add sunflower seeds to blender with water, lemon, garlic, salt, and hot sauce
- If you want a thinner aioli you can slowly add in more water
- Blend until completely smooth
- Serve with potatoes and enjoy!