CAULIFLOWER RICE SUSHI. OMG.
This sushi is so delicious and uses cauliflower rice instead of traditional white rice. White rice can spike your blood sugar and does not provide many nutrients. You could most definitely use brown rice but I decided to do a health swap and use cauliflower rice. Cauliflower is filled with vitamin C, potassium, folate, and is great for gut health. Cauliflower is also a great option if you’re trying to lose weight or to not have as many refined carbohydrates. This is also a lighter option – I made these rolls for lunch and they were much lighter on the stomach than a ton of regular rice.
✔️Vegan + Raw Vegan
For more recipes like this and wellness tips, follow me on Instagram @CodeGreenWellness ✅
1 head of cauliflower
Coconut aminos (healthy soy sauce alternative, I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
*Having a bamboo mat for sushi helps but you could use a towel
(You can fill your sushi rolls with whatever you’d like these are just the vegetables I used, I also am not providing measurements of the veggies because you can make as many or as little rolls as you want)
How to: (If you have never made sushi, look up a Youtube video to get an idea of the process, I will explain it the best I can)
- Cut up all of your veggies into sticks to fit nicely in your sushi rolls
- Pulse 1 head of raw cauliflower in food processor until its broken down into rice sized pieces
- Put cauliflower in nut milk bag, cheesecloth or in a towel to ring out some of the moisture
- Transfer cauliflower to bowl and add 1 tbsp of rice vinegar and stir.
- Lay out your seaweed and cover the seaweed with a thin layer of cauliflower rice, leave about an inch of space at the top and bottom of your seaweed
- Add your fillings of your choice to the roll and start rolling! Wet the top of the seaweed a little to seal the roll in place.
- Gently cut the sushi into pieces with a very sharp knife, this is key! Clean the knife off between every cut, it will help.
- Serve right away. This is best when eaten fresh.
- Dip in coconut aminos and ENJOY!
How can you not want this sushi? It’s colorful, delicious, filled with nutrients, and the perfect meal
Do you need a health coach?
✖️Are you sick of dieting and failing?
✖️Do you want to lose weight and keep it off for good?
✖️Do you want to still eat delicious food while losing weight?
✖️Do you want to get healthy but need guidance and support?
✖️Do you want to lose weight without counting calories and measuring your food?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, I am here to help. I am a holistic health coach and I am offering FREE health consultations. Email me at CodeGreenWellness@gmail.com! Don’t hesitate to reach out!