PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. OMG.
Could there be a better combination than peanut butter and chocolate?! I don’t think so. There is just something magical about putting those two together. These plant-based vegan cookies are a great healthy alternative!
Not only is this recipe super simple to make but you can make it in 1 bowl! My kind of recipe!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, I cut my cookies into a heart shape but feel free to make them into any shape you want.
This recipe is:
I prefer to cook without oil as it helps to make recipes a lot lower in fat and calories. I would rather fat from a whole source such as nuts, instead of refined fats from oils. Do you want to know my secret ingredient?
I used applesauce instead of oil! Worked like a charm!
Before I put them in the oven I shaped them into circles then cut them into hearts after they were baked.
These peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are best when you let them cool for a while after baking them.
I had to make them Valentine’s themed! How cute are they?! What better to spread the love than with homemade cookies?
My boyfriend felt the love, he gobbled them up!
I highly recommend dipping them almond milk or your favorite non-dairy milk…so freaking yummy.
Picture this: watching a movie or cozying up with a good book, having a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie and dunking in some cold almond milk. SIGH ME UP!
So much love for these vegan cookies! People always ask me if I miss certain things because I am vegan. I honestly feel as though I don’t miss out on anything. I just find ways to “veganize” my favorites!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Oil-Free)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour I used the Trader Joe's blend
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips I used mini ones
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the natural peanut butter, coconut sugar, applesauce and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Mix until completely combined.
- Add flour and baking soda to the wet ingredients and mix. Don't over mix! Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Measure out a heaping tbsp of the dough for each cookie, roll into a ball then flatten them into a cookie shape. I got about 11 cookies.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. As they cool, they will set. Wait 20 minutes for them to completely cool. Careful not to over-bake! They will dry out.
In good health,
join the conversation
These are the best cookies I’ve ever had….and I’ve eaten a lot of cookies in my day. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
OMG! yay!!! So happy you loved them so much.
My wife (Elyssa Trust!) and I made these last night. We’ve made MANY different Vegan cookies over the past few years and this was the HANDS DOWN BEST cookie recipe we’ve ever made! So good!! Thank you for sharing. We also really love your Shepards Pie and Mac & Cheese recipe. Gonna make it for Thanksgiving
Aw love that you two always make my recipes!