It’s pumpkin season peeps and I am here for it. These vegan pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies are next level delicious. These are the perfect combination of a chocolate chip cookie and a pumpkin soft-baked gingerbread cookie combined. The texture of these cookies is what makes them so unique. If you like soft-baked, moist cookies with a little chew, these are for you!
What ingredients will I need?
- Coconut sugar + cane sugar
- Almond milk
- Pumpkin puree
- Oat flour
- Coconut flour
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Sea salt
How do you make vegan pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies?
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix the wet ingredients together then in another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Combine them, stir, add in the chocolate chips (the best part), then form into cookies and bake! Sprinkle them with sea salt for that sweet + salty flavor bomb.
- Let the cookies cool then enjoy!
What makes these vegan pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies healthier?
These cookies are 100% plant-based, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, oil-free and are made with real, wholesome ingredients. Traditionally, cookies have a ton of butter, eggs, oil, and milk. These are way lower in fat and are much better for your health because they’re free of animal products.
The pumpkin in these cookies add a punch of vitamin A, while the oat flour adds fiber, protein heart health benefits and cholesterol lowering properties. The coconut flour adds healthy fats too!
What do these vegan pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies taste like?
You should expect a soft-baked cookie texture with a little bit of a chew. They are moist and decadent. The pumpkin spice flavor is perfect when paired with the sweet chocolate. Add some sea salt on top and you’ve got yourself quite the cookie.
I used applesauce instead of oil in this recipe which is what gives the cookies that soft-baked texture. However, they are not crumbly and hold together really well despite their soft-baked nature.
What’s the best way to store these cookies?
Store in an air-tight container on the counter. They will stay good for about 3 days. They won’t last that long though because they’re so freaking GOOD. You could freeze them and then take them out as needed.
Make sure to store them in a container and not uncovered on a plate because you’ll want to ensure the moisture is retained. No one wants a dry cookie – am I right?!
A few important tips:
- Let the cookies cool before eating them! They will continue to cook a little on the pan after you remove them from the oven.
- Add sea salt to the cookies when they’re done on top of the warm chocolate! It adds such a nice contrast to the sweetness of the cookie.
- Use dark chocolate – it pairs really well with the pumpkin spice flavors. Some vegan chocolate chips I suggest are Enjoy Life, Trader Joe’s brand or Lily’s vegan dark chocolate chips. Carob chips should be fine too.
Want more FREE plant-based recipes and meal ideas?
Be sure to follow me on all of my social platforms:
If you liked these you’ll love my vegan gluten-free Twix bars!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies (gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/3 cups oat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips and extra to sprinkle on top if you'd like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a bowl, add applesauce, coconut sugar, cane sugar and vanilla. Whisk. Add the molasses, pumpkin and almond milk. Stir again.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and sea salt. Add into the wet ingredients and stir until completely combined. Fold in the chocolate chips, stir again.
- Form cookie dough balls that are 3 tbsp in size. Shape them into a cookie shape and flatten a bit. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Garnish with sea salt. Let cookies cool for 30 minutes then enjoy!
Made with love,