I didn’t think the perfect appetizer existed until I created this CREAMY vegan spinach artichoke dip.
Enjoy the creaminess, richness and cheesiness of a spinach artichoke dip without the guilt or stomach ache. This dip is 100% plant-based, oil-free, vegan, gluten-free and beyond delicious. Your taste buds and your guests will thank me later.
Just saying, this is ABSOLUTELY amazing for the holiday season. Gather your friends and family around some of this creamy vegan spinach artichoke dip and they will be blown away.
Simplicity is Key
The recipe starts by sautéing spinach, garlic and artichokes in a pan until all of the moisture is cooked out. This allows for the dip to take on more of a creamy texture instead of being watery. You want this to mimic the creaminess of cheese in the best way possible.
This process takes about 15-20 minutes depending on how much moisture the spinach and artichokes are holding.
You will blend the “creamy” aspect to the dip in a high speed blender like a Vitamix or Blend Tec. A high powered blender allows for the sauce to be completely smooth – no one wants a chunky cashew dip. YES, you heard right!
The base of the dip is made from cashews and tofu. So much healthier than your traditional dairy based dips. I used my oven safe pan to make this easier; you can’t beat a 1-pan appetizer.
Once I add the sauce in, I spread it evenly then pop it in the oven.
You won’t have to wait all day for the creamy vegan spinach artichoke dip to be done, all you have to do is bake it for 25-30 minutes at 425 degrees F, then SAY HELLO to the best dip ever. I paired the dip with veggies and chips and omg…it was life changing.
I shared it with my future father-in-law and he gobbled it up, I think he might have eaten 80% of the pan (lol!). He isn’t vegan but he loves trying new ways of eating. We definitely got the thumbs up from him on this one.
Do you have someone in your family or maybe a skeptical friend who isn’t too sure about a plant-based diet?
Make this for them and they will be much more open to the amazing food you can eat when following a plant-based lifestyle.
This creamy vegan spinach artichoke dip is:
Get Your Greens
Need to get your greens in but finding it hard to eat raw vegetables? This dip is FILLED with spinach. If you have picky kids or if you’re picky yourself, sneaking greens into recipes like this is a great way to ensure you’re receiving enough veggies in your daily diet. I know I’d rather eat spinach if it’s inside of an amazing dip like this.
Hands up if you love spinach artichoke dip!
Great news: the leftovers for the dip hold up really well. Store extra dip in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can freeze it as well.
You need to add this to your Thanksgiving and other holiday menus ASAP! Trust me, you’ll be glad you did. Be sure to rate, comment and review this recipe if you make it.
Post a picture of your CodeGreen creation on Facebook, share the recipe link, tag me on Instagram and don’t forget to send the recipe to everyone you know!
Your feedback means a lot to me!
Are you drooling yet?! #plantbaseddiet
Creamy Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip (oil-free)
- 1 cup raw cashews boiled for 10 minutes to soften
- 1/2 block soft tofu
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup almond milk
- 20 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and strained
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 cans artichokes in water not oil (drained)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. You can use a medium/large cast iron skillet so you can transfer the dip directly into the oven or prepare a 9x9 baking dish.
- Add garlic, frozen spinach and artichokes to the pan and saute until on high heat until all of the moisture is cooked out. This should take about 15 minutes.
- For the creamy sauce, add the boiled cashews, tofu, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt and almond milk into a high speed blender like a Vitamix. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the spinach mixture and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Transfer into a baking dish or place the cast iron skillet (or oven safe pan), into the oven! Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
In good health,