Hello! Who wants to get cozy with a bowl of this vegan sweet potato chickpea curry?!
I have been obsessed with making huge pots of curry for dinner. It’s perfect for meal prep, so warming in this colder weather, takes less than 30 minutes to make and it’s straight up delish.
I paired my curry with basmati rice but feel free to enjoy it with quinoa, brown rice or by itself.
Forget heavy, unhealthy dinners and make a dinner like this! It’s 100% plant-based, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, oil-free, soy-free and made with love.
Meal Prep 101
make a big batch of this and eat it throughout the week for delicious, healthy meal prep.
Add it to few containers, pop them in the fridge and bring them to work with you or even to have for dinner when you’re tired at the end of the day and don’t feel like cooking.
This vegan sweet potato chickpea curry is filled with all kinds of goodness such as: chickpeas, sweet potato, cauliflower, coconut milk, peas, spinach, peppers and flavorful spices!
You can customize the curry to your liking. Are you not a huge sweet potato fan? No problem! Use Idaho or even Yukon gold potatoes. Want to swap peppers for zucchini? Go ahead!
Seriously the best part about this kind of dinner is that you can substitute the ingredients and it still comes out delish.
The spices in here are SO flavorful…your taste buds will be bursting. If you’re a newbie to the plant-based lifestyle and need a staple meal that’s easy to make and tastes really yummy, this is for you!
Need to impress your friends and family or even a skeptical spouse with a vegan dish? Make them this vegan sweet potato chickpea curry! They will love it, I promise! Take my word for it.
- Can I add other veggies to this curry? Of course, the more the merrier. I love adding zucchini!
- Can I use almond milk instead of coconut milk? Totally, but it will give it a different flavor.
- Does this store well in the freezer? Yup! You can freeze this for a rainy day.
- How many days will this keep in my fridge? About 4 days.
- Can I make this in an instant pot? For sure!
This vegan sweet potato chickpea curry is:
OMG YUM! Comment below with your feedback if you make this recipe. Your opinion means a lot to me here at CodeGreen Wellness.
Share the Love
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later, share the recipe link on Facebook for family and friends to see, post a picture of your CodeGreen creation to Instagram and be sure to tag me @CodeGreenWellness.
What are you waiting for? Run to your kitchen to make this!
Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Curry
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 cups cauliflower chopped into small florets
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 carton of veggie broth
- 1 12 oz bag of fresh spinach or half bag of frozen spinach
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp tapioca starch or arrowroot optional if you want it thicker
- Get out a soup pot or large pan and turn on high heat. Add the cauliflower, sweet potato, peppers, chickpeas, and spices. Add veggie broth to pot/pan just until it covers all of your ingredients.
- While stirring every couple of minutes, keep the curry at medium to high heat, you want to make sure its boiling so that the potatoes cook.
- At the 20-minute mark, stir in the coconut milk and peas. Cook for another 10 minutes then add in the spinach. Stir it in until it's wilted.
- If you desire a thicker curry, mix together 2 tsp tapioca with 1 tbsp water, then pour into the curry and stir for a few minutes. You will see it immediately thicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
In good health,