Hi beautiful people! I am so excited to show you this new recipe for vegan roasted veggies with tahini sauce.
It’s festive, perfect for the holiday season and 100% delicious.
The creaminess of the tahini sauce paired with the tender roasted vegetables and bright, tartness of the pomegranate seeds is truly an unmatched combination.
Scroll for more goodness!
First, you will roast the veggies in the oven for about 45 minutes in either olive oil or veggie broth. If you eat plant-based and prefer to eat oil-free, then go ahead and use the veggie broth method.
Prefer to roast the vegan roasted veggies with tahini sauce with olive oil or avocado oil? That’s perfectly fine too!
- Can I use other veggies instead of carrots and green beans? Yes, of course! Asparagus would work beautifully too.
- What is tahini? Tahini is ground sesame seeds. It’s basically seed butter. It’s super rich and delicious.
- Where can I find tahini? You can find it at almost any grocery store.
- Can I buy pomegranate seeds that are pre-packaged? Totally. I got the ones from Trader Joe’s. It’s a couple extra dollars but it’s a huge timer saver in the kitchen.
- Can I store this in the fridge? YES! 100%.
Need a beautiful side dish to serve along with your Christmas or Hanukkah dinners?
This is the perfect recipe to impress your guests as it’s both tasty and eye-catching. I mean…come on…it’s almost too pretty to eat!
My favorite part about this vegan roasted veggies with tahini sauce dish is that it looks like a Christmas tree. If you want to be super fun, you can actually serve this in the shape of a Christmas tree – the pomegranate seeds look like little lights.
You can also garnish this with pumpkin seeds in addition to the pomegranate seeds – it adds a little crunch.
Also, your feedback means a lot to me here at CodeGreen Wellness. If you decide to make one of my recipes, please let me know how it turns out. Report back with your honest opinion – it helps makes my blog better!
When you take the veggies out of the oven, you will then assemble and drizzle on the tahini sauce.
How to plate this dish:
- Add the green beans to the bottom of a serving platter, then arrange the carrots nicely on top.
- I like to use the rainbow carrots so you can see all the pretty colors when they’re lined up.
- Next, drizzle on the tahini sauce – use as much or as little as you’d like!
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on
- Season with more salt and pepper if you’d like.
- Enjoy and serve warm.
Share the Love
Pin this recipe on Pinterest to save for later, share the recipe link on Facebook for family and friends to see, post a picture of your CodeGreen creation to Instagram and be sure to tag me @CodeGreenWellness.
What are you waiting for? Get cooking!
For more free plant-based recipes, follow me on Instagram @CodeGreenWellness!
Vegan Roasted Veggies with Tahini Sauce
- 16 oz peeled large carrots I used petite rainbow carrots
- 12 oz green beans
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup veggie broth or 2-3 tbsp olive oil for roasting
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Add green beans and carrots to a casserole/roasting dish or baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, then bake for 30-45 minutes until golden brown and tender. You can roast using veggie broth or olive oil.
- Use a tongs to mix the veggies around half way through so they don't burn on the bottom.
- Prepare tahini sauce by adding tahini, lemon juice, a garlic to a small bowl. Mix vigorously until combined. Slowly add water by the tablespoon until its to your desired consistency. You want it to be pourable, not to thick but not watery.
- Remove veggies from the oven and plate with the green beans on the bottom and the carrots nicely on top. Drizzle the tahini sauce on and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Need some more plant-based meal ideas?! Check out my new recipe for penne with vodka sauce!
In good health,