OMG. VEGAN CINNAMON BUN BANANA BREAD.
I can’t get enough.
If you like cinnamon buns and if you love banana bread, then you are going to go CRAZY over this recipe for vegan cinnamon bun banana bread! This is a healthy take on your traditional banana bread made without refined flour, without oils and free of dairy and eggs.
I made this loaf yesterday and it made my whole apartment smell AMAZING – like cinnamon + banana heaven. Hurry up and make this recipe!
This recipe is:
Confession: I couldn’t contain myself and had to eat a slice before taking pictures for you all. Sorry not sorry. Literally so delish.
Impress your friends and family with this plant-based vegan cinnamon bun banana bread and bring it to your next family gathering, holiday dinner, potluck, brunch or school bake sale. Everyone will go crazy for this.
The cinnamon bun aspect to this is a cinnamon swirl mixture that goes in the middle of the banana bread and is also spread on top of the loaf. OMG. To die for. I seriously wanted to eat the cinnamon swirl mixture right out of the bowl.
Good news: this is healthy enough to eat for breakfast! If you are someone who is on-the-go a lot and needs a quick easy no thought breakfast. Make a loaf of this ahead of time and take a slice or two for breakfast with a little fruit and you are good to go! Score!
Share the love and pin this on Pinterest. Share on Facebook with family and friends. In addition, remember to tag me @CodeGreenWellness, I would love to see your amazing creations!
Vegan Cinnamon Bun Banana Bread is served! YUM!
Also, imagine curling up on the couch with a slice of this…a little tea or coffee and a good book or tv show. Sounds like my kind of night.
Vegan Cinnamon Bun Banana Bread (gluten-free)
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp ground flax, 5 tbsp water
- 1 cup ripe mashed banana
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups brown rice flour can sub 2 cups gluten-free flour or oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon Bun Swirl
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with a little oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the flax egg, banana, applesauce, maple syrup, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined
- Add in the brown rice flour (or gf flour or oat flour), cinnamon and baking powder and mix to combine
- In a small bowl combine and stir together the cinnamon swirl ingredients
- Add half the banana bread batter to the loaf pan then half of the cinnamon swirl mixture and swirl with a knife
- Add the other half of the banana bread batter and then top off it off with the rest of the cinnamon roll batter and swirl again with a knife
- Bake for 45-55 minutes (test with a toothpick or fork)
- Cool for 10 minutes then enjoy!
- Store in airtight container or in foil!
- To make the cinnamon sugar swirl, mix ingredients together until well combined.
In good health,
Recipe inspired by Rachel Mansfield