OMG VEGAN BBQ CHICKPEA PIZZA?! Yes please!
Sweet, tangy, smokey, filling, and amazingly flavorful…you are going to be in love with my new vegan BBQ chickpea pizza recipe. I used a whole wheat crust instead of a white flour crust.
This pizza is dairy-free, oil-free and 100% plant-based! Everyone loves a pizza night…its easy, delish, and is totally shareable. Even the kids will love this one!
This recipe is:
✔️Gluten-free optional (you just need a GF crust)
Who doesn’t love an easy dinner? I kid you not, this took me 10 minutes to throw together. You simply use BBQ sauce as the base, toss chickpeas in the BBQ sauce as well, add onions, drizzle on the ranch at the end and top with some parsley.
If you need to make a dish to impress friends and family or serve at a party, a potluck, you name it, this pizza will WOW everyone!
I made the vegan ranch out of hemp seeds…no dairy at all! I don’t know about you but a healthy ranch dressing makes me excited.
My boyfriend and I shared this pizza. He lifts weights and is very active so he’s always hungry! and he LOVED it! Also, this is filling and satiating without that heavy feeling you get from eating traditional non-vegan pizza.
I used Engine 2 pizza crusts from Whole Foods. They come frozen and have very clean ingredients – no oil, no sugar, no additives. However, you can use whichever crust you like for this vegan BBQ chickpea pizza. For some other suggestions you could use cauliflower crust, sweet potato crust, or any gluten-free crust.
To say this pizza is a flavor bomb is honestly an understatement…the sweet + spicy BBQ sauce gives such a nice flavor and then when paired with the ranch it helps to cool down the heat. Perfect combination if you ask me.
Vegan BBQ Chickpea Pizza
What’s your favorite pizza topping?! Tell me in the comments below!
Share the Love
Pin this on Pinterest, share the recipe link on Facebook for family and friends, and post your creations on Instagram but don’t forget to tag me @CodeGreenWellness!
Vegan BBQ Chickpea Pizza
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- sprinkle of onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce I used Mother Raw brand
- chopped parsley garnish
- 1 pizza crust of choice I used Engine 2
- Preheat oven (for my pizza crust I baked it at 450 for 10 minutes).
- Spread 1/4 cup BBQ sauce on the pizza crust as a base. Toss 1 cup chickpeas with 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce and add onto the pizza. Add sliced red onion and put it oven.
- Make your vegan ranch dressing while the pizza bakes. Blend all ranch ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
- When pizza is done cooking, drizzle ranch on top and sprinkle fresh parsley on for a garnish.
In good health,