Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes….OMG!
My new favorite 10 minute dinner is officially Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes. These are filling, hearty, delicious, and filled with flavor! I know you will fall in love with this meal idea just as much as I have.
If you are a newbie to a plant-based diet who doesn’t want a recipe that is too complicated..this is perfect for you! If you’re a plant-based veteran, I promise you’ll love this too.
For mine, I stuffed my potato with black beans, vegan cashew sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.
This recipe is:
All you need to make the Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes are a few simple, budget friendly ingredients. What are you favorite ingredients to include in your Mexican/taco night?! I would love to know – tell me in the comments!
I like to buy everything organic if possible, I personally love to shop at Trader Joe’s (check out my vegan Trader Joe’s haul here)!
Sweet Potato Benefits
- high in Vitamin A
- high in Vitamin C
- high in fiber
- balances hormones naturally
- balances blood sugar
- supports heart health
- supports eye health
- aids in digestion
- promotes weight loss
I couldn’t believe how yummy this turned out to be. I am used to putting all of my Mexican ingredients into a taco shell, tortilla or into a burrito bowl but never thought to put them in a potato.
You can use any kind of potato you like but I chose to use a vitamin A rich sweet potato.
Everything I added to the Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes was amazing but I have to say, the vegan cashew sour cream was truly the all-star. You need to try making this sour cream..it is vegan, WFPB, sugar-free and oil-free and is made without any gluten.
I definitely missed a potato or Mexican food with sour cream after I went vegan and this sour cream recipe does the trick for sure! In addition, I would rather have this sour cream any day over dairy sour cream. It’s healthier and cruelty-free…win-win in my humble opinion.
Are you drooling yet?!
If you are hosting a dinner or need to impress guests with a phenomenal vegan meal…you can 100% serve this and win over everyone in the room!
I have made this for vegans and non-vegans and everyone always gobbles these Mexican stuffed sweet potatoes in no time.
Also, you could make a Mexican potato bar and have your guests choose which toppings they want to add into their potato – this makes it fun and interactive – even the kids love this!
Potato Topping Ideas:
- Grilled onions
- Sour cream
- Fresh corn
- Pinto beans
- Refried beans
- Black beans
- Pico de gallo
- Salsa verde
Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (vegan, oil-free)
- 1 cooked sweet potato baked or microwaved
- 1/4 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1-2 tbsp vegan cashew sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp salsa of your choice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder to taste
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1/2 lime juiced
- garlic powder + salt to taste
- cilantro, chopped onion, chopped tomato optional
- Cook the sweet potato and set aside
- Add the chili powder to the rinsed black beans and then heat them up on the stove top for a few minutes until hot.
- Cut the sweet potato in half and open it up slightly to fit your other ingredients.
- Mash up and prepare the guacamole ingredients (avocado, lime juice, garlic, and salt).
- Top the sweet potato with the black beans, sour cream, salsa and guacamole.
In good health,