If you love asian food but don’t want to eat unhealthy take out, this recipe is perfect for you! It gives the satisfaction of fried rice without any of the guilt. This is gluten-free, plant-based, can be soy free if you take out the edamame, and oh so delicious!
– 2 cups cooked quinoa
– 1/2 cup shelled edamame
– 3/4 cup finely cut carrots
– 1 cup broccoli rice (I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
– 1/2 cup green peas
– 1/4 cup yellow onion
– Red pepper flakes if you like it spicy
– 3 tbsp coconut aminos (soy sauce alternative, I get mine at Trader Joe’s)
– 1 tbsp rice vinegar
– 1 tsp toasted sesame oil (omit if you don’t eat oil)
– 1 tsp ginger powder
– 1 tsp garlic powder
Salt + pepper to taste *
1.Cook your quinoa and set aside
2. Sauté onion in pan until soft (you can sauté in water or oil up to you)
3. Add broccoli rice, peas, carrots, edamame and any other veggies you like into pan
4. Sauté veggies until cooked then add your quinoa into the pan with the veggies
5. Add coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, and toasted sesame oil and sauté for a few more minutes
6. Stir and combine!
*Feel free to add more veggies to this dish if you want. You could add mushrooms, bell peppers, green onion, etc. Also, add more ginger/garlic/coconut aminos if needed. If you can’t find coconut aminos near you, use a gluten-free low sodium soy sauce.