HEALTHY PASTA ANYONE?!
This vegan pasta salad is the perfect, quick and easy lunch or dinner. Whether you are packing a lunch or work or making a dish to take to a pot-luck, this recipe is really a winner. To say I am a pasta lover would be an understatement. There are so many healthy pasta alternatives out there now which allows pasta to be a part of a healthy lifestyle. I used Banza penne chickpea pasta for this recipe but feel free to use any kind of pasta you like. I personally like the Banza pasta because it has 25 grams of protein a serving and 15 grams of fiber.
This recipe makes about 2-3 servings depending on how hungry you are
- 8 oz of your favorite pasta (I used chickpea pasta)
- 2 tbsp vinegar (you can use apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, or red wine vinegar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp whole grain or dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1-2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Feel free to add any other veggies you like to this (cherry tomatoes and artichokes would be great too)
- Boil pasta
- While pasta is boiling, whisk vinegar, mustard, olive oil, oregano, garlic, and salt in a bowl
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water
- Toss pasta with arugula, olives, red onion, and the dressing
- If you are someone who likes a lot of dressing feel free to make more
- Eat up and enjoy!
Do you need a health coach?
Are you sick of dieting and failing?
Do you want to lose weight and keep it off for good?
Do you want to still eat delicious food while losing weight?
Do you want to get healthy but need guidance and support?
Do you just want to feel good again?
Do you want to get healthy but don’t know where to start?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, I am here to help. I am a holistic health coach and I am offering FREE health consultations. Email me at CodeGreenWellness@gmail.com! Don’t hesitate to reach out! Follow me on Instagram @CodeGreenWellness for healthy recipes and all things wellness!