CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER BLONDIES. OMG.
This recipe for these chocolate chip peanut butter blondies is so delicious and is super easy to make. I love anything with the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. These blondies have a surprise secret ingredient that makes these babies high in protein and fiber!
The base of these is actually chickpeas! Yes, chickpeas! You don’t even taste them. A dessert that is healthy and yummy?! YES PLEASE!
This recipe is:
I love sneaking in healthy ingredients into desserts. Chickpeas are so nutritious – they are filled with vitamins and minerals like vitamin K, folate, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, choline and selenium.
Are you drooling yet?!
Chickpeas also contain magnesium, iron, and b6. Other benefits of chickpeas: lowers blood pressure, prevents heart disease, lowers cholesterol, high in fiber, high in plant protein, improves blood sugar and insulin levels for diabetics, reduces inflammation, aids in preventing constipation, and so much more!
Moral of the story: eat your chickpeas and add them to your baked good!
Great to serve to kids, to bring to a pot luck, to bake for a party, and to simply just have at home.
Share the love
Pin on Pinterest, share the recipe link on Facebook, and post a picture of your creation on Instagram! Also, I can’t wait to see your chocolate chip peanut butter blondies.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Blondies (vegan, gluten-free)
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- extra chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Put all ingredients except for chocolate chips into your blender or food processor. I suggest a high-speed blender like the Vitamix so you get a perfectly smooth consistency.
- 3. After blending, stir in chocolate chips.
- 4. Pour mixture into an 8 or 9-inch glass/non-stick baking pan (I use non-stick so I don't have to grease it). 5. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top
- 6. Bake for 20-30 minutes until edges pull away from the pan and top is golden brown and set
- 7. Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting into them
I got this recipe idea from Joyfood Sunshine’s blog!
In good health,
join the conversation
Pretty Good! The only issue was the batter was super, super thick and even in my powerful Vitamix, it bogged down. Next time, I’d good them a few minutes longer..but for sure a hit at my house.
Use food processor next time!
Not everyone can afford to own both VitaMix and a food processor 🙁 The recipe looks good though.