Fall is officially here! Does anyone else feel like once September arrives it’s fall?! To ring in the season, I have an amazing recipe for you all – OMG vegan chocolate chip pumpkin bread is going to be your new favorite loaf to bake.
This is a 1-bowl recipe so don’t worry about making a huge mess in your kitchen when baking this because it’s all contained into 1 bowl! I am honestly much more of a cook than a baker, so when I do bake, I like simple, easy recipes – who’s with me?!
Healthy pumpkin bread?! Yes please!
100% plant-based, gluten-free, soy-free, oil-free and BEYOND delish. There’s something so cozy and delicious about a slice of pumpkin bread in the fall season. Imagine cozying up with a slice of vegan chocolate chip pumpkin bread and a cup of tea with a blanket on the couch + a good movie.
I am beyond busy lately between health coaching, blogging and wedding planning (yay!), I am being pulled in a million directions. Sometimes I need a snack or quick little bite between meals and this comes in so handy.
I’ll just have a slice of the pumpkin bread and it will hold me over. It has bananas, pumpkin, oats, almond meal and all kinds of nutritious ingredients that make this a great alternative to sugary processed desserts.
Impress your Friends
Bring this vegan chocolate chip pumpkin bread to a brunch, a dinner party, a bake sale, a pot luck or make it just to share with your family and friends. Everyone will be so impressed that this is both vegan and gluten-free. It tastes way too good to be healthy.
If you make this recipe, I would love to see your creations! Post on Instagram and tag me @CodeGreenWellness. Also, pin it to Pinterest, share with family and friends on Facebook, and book mark it for yourself!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- 1 flax egg 1.5 tbsp flax + 4 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp mashed banana
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free all purpose flour I like Trader Joe's brand
- raw pumpkin seeds for garnish
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Prepare flax egg in a large mixing bowl and preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Get loaf pan ready by lining it with parchment paper
- To flax eggs, add pumpkin, mashed banana, maple syrup, and applesauce. Mix to combine. Next, add coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and mix. Add the water and mix again.
- Now add the oats, almond meal, and gluten-free flour and mix together. After, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into loaf pan and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top (you can even do chocolate chips if you want)
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until very golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Remove from oven and let set in pan for at least 20 minutes and then gently transfer to a plate to cool.
- Let cool completely before slicing, at least an hour.
- Once completely cooled off, store in a covered container or cover with plastic wrap at room temperature to keep fresh.
In good health,