Hello fellow sandwich lovers!
I am so excited to share my new recipe with you for the ultimate veggie sandwich.
It is layered with vegetable goodness that won’t have you missing meat or cheese. You can have a sandwich that’s just as delicious without animal products.
I needed an easy, quick, filling lunch and I ended up whipping this bad boy up. I got a little out of control and made the sandwich almost too big to get my mouth around.
Try finding a healthy bread in your local grocery store for this ultimate veggie sandwich – some brands I love are Food For Life and Dave’s Killer bread. Food For Life makes Ezekiel bread, it is 100% plant-based, flourless, sprouted and easy on digestion.
If you’re gluten-free you can use your favorite GF bread or even do a lettuce wrap or gluten-free tortillas and make a wrap instead.
This sandwich is hearty, flavorful, filling, healthy, and if you’re not a chef…don’t worry! You can’t mess this up. If you’re craving a sandwich but want something more satisfying than a pb + j, this is for you. Growing up, I loved sandwiches but they always had meat, cheese and mayonnaise on them (definitely not vegan approved)!
To make this easier to eat and more manageable, I suggest cutting the sandwich in half. I went a little crazy though, you don’t have to make the sandwich as big as mine. Feel free to cut it in half and share with your partner, a friend or your kids!
Ultimate Veggie Sandwich
Did you try this recipe and fall in love with it?!
Comment and give me feedback below.
Share the Love
Pin this recipe to Pinterest to save for later, share the recipe link on Facebook with family and friends, or post a picture of your creation to Instagram. Don’t forget to tag @CodeGreenWellness!
Ultimate Veggie Sandwich
- 2 slices bread of choice I used sprouted Dave's Killer bread
- 2 slices of beefsteak tomato
- 4 cucumber slices
- 3 kosher sandwich pickles (I get the pre-sliced ones from Trader Joe's)
- 2 pieces roasted pepper I used yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 3 slices red onion
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 2 tsp mustard of choice I used whole grain mustard
- Start by spreading 1 tsp of mustard on each half of the bread. Then add hummus to the bottom slice.
- Add the red onion on top of the hummus, then add on the pickles, cucumbers, lettuce leaf, avocado, roasted pepper, and then tomato slices.
- Top with the other slice of bread then cut in half or eat it whole and enjoy!
In good health,