Hi friends! I have a new recipe that you are all going to fall in love with! My vegan cinnamon sugar donuts are going to blow you away! Also, unlike traditional donuts these are actually healthy and are very low fat. These are gluten-free, oil-free, vegan, and 100% delish!
Vegan Donut Perfection
If you try this recipe, report back! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to use the hashtag #healthygirlkitchen on your photo on Instagram. Also, be sure to tag me @healthygirlkitchen.
When you post your HealthyGirl creations I get so excited – it’s so rewarding when you all make my recipes. Together, we are changing the world one plant-based recipe at a time.
Not only do I try to make recipes that are good for you but recipes that save the planet + the animals!
Done in 10 Minutes
I love these vegan cinnamon sugar donuts because they are BEYOND easy to make and literally are done in the oven after 10-minutes.
I recommend serving these immediately after baking as they are best when fresh. Donuts are one dessert that you do have eat right after making them.
This is totally optional but you can brush your donuts with a little coconut oil, then dip them in the cinnamon sugar coating if you wish. It helps it stick a little more but it’s not necessary if you’re strictly oil-free.
Can I be honest with you?
I am not a huge donut fan in general…but if you’re from the midwest you’d understand my insane love for cider mill donuts. Cider mill donuts are amazing and have those amazing cinnamon flavors. These remind me of cider mill donuts.
Omg…let’s take a second to appreciate this donut stack. Are you drooling yet? I know I am! My fiancé ate these all in one sitting (LOL!).
If you don’t have a donut pan, you can use a muffin tin and make them into muffins. It should work just as well. Do me a favor – if you make them into muffins, comment below and let me know how they turn out!
Get Yourself a Donut Pan
If you don’t have a donut pan, you need to get one! They are so fun to bake with. Your friends and family will be so impressed with you. You will seem like a professional baker if you have a donut pan at home!
The topping on this vegan cinnamon sugar donuts makes all the difference.
The donut itself isn’t that sweet because I tried to keep the sweetener to a minimum but let me tell ya, the coconut sugar and cinnamon on top is literal heaven in your mouth…you have to try it for yourself!
Share the love by pinning these on Pinterest, sharing the recipe link on Facebook and posting a picture of your creation on Instagram.
Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Donuts (oil-free)
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour I use Trader Joe's brand
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut or date sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or any non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a donut pan or use non-stick donut pan without greasing.
- Mix flax and water to make your flax egg and set aside for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice).
- Mix wet ingredients in a bowl (flax egg, maple syrup, milk, applesauce, vanilla) and then combine with the dry ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Spoon into donut pan, you should get about 6 donuts. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix cinnamon sugar topping then immediately after baking, roll the donuts in it! Serve immediately! Best when fresh.
In good health,