TERIYAKI SESAME CAULIFLOWER BITES?!
If you’re a fan of classic asian flavors, and need a little teriyaki love in your life…you need to make these teriyaki sesame cauliflower bites. I promise you will not be disappointed.
If you get take-out chinese food or go to an asian restaurant, it will most likely be filled with sodium, msg, and yucky ingredients.
These cauli bites not only taste amazing but they’re actually healthy!
This recipe is:
This is the perfect side dish at dinner, paired with brown rice and steamed veggies. It could also be great for an appetizer when you’re entertaining, even kids will love these teriyaki sesame cauliflower bites. If you need a snack for game day or if you are craving Chinese take-out but want a healthier alternative, this is the recipe for you.
Furthermore, I first coated these bad boys with chickpea flour before adding the sauce because it helps the sauce stick to the cauliflower.
However, you can use whichever flour you like. I like using chickpea flour for extra plant-based protein.
When I first started my health journey 4 years ago, my mission was to figure out how to make delicious food that was still healthy and nutritious. There is a huge stigma that plant-based vegan food is bland or doesn’t taste good but I am here to prove you wrong!
This is a dish that will win over your stubborn meat-eating relatives!
I used Coconut Secret brand teriyaki sauce but you can use any brand you like or have access to. You can order the Coconut Secret teriyaki sauce on Amazon or find it in your local Whole Foods or health stores. I highly recommend it, its delicious and has simple ingredients – no added sugar or oil!
Teriyaki Sesame Cauliflower Bites (Vegan + GF)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces and rinse.
- Prepare a bowl with the chickpea flour and lightly coat all of your cauliflower pieces with the flour. Tap off any excess flour before putting them on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven. While the cauliflower cooks - make your sauce!
- Mix the teriyaki sauce with the garlic, ginger and red chili flakes.
- Dip each piece of cauliflower in the sauce then put back on the baking sheet. Put back in oven for another 15 minutes.
- Top with sesame seeds, serve and enjoy!
Mention this recipe for 20% off a holistic health coaching session with me, Danielle!
In good health,