Vegan Pesto Pasta (oil-free)
This vegan whole foods plant-based no oil pesto recipe is seriously so good! It can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free noodles.
- 16 oz of your favorite pasta I like quinoa, lentil or chickpea pasta
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1-2 lemons juiced 1 large lemon or two smaller lemons
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2-3 garlic cloves or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt add more to taste
Boil your pasta. While pasta is boiling, blend all ingredients in food processor until completely combined, scraping down the sides as necessary.
Strain pasta (rinse if gluten-free), then mix pesto into pasta.
Serve and enjoy!