I am so excited to be sharing this new recipe with all of you. Cauliflower is all the rage these days which is why I decided it was time to introduce a healthy plant-based 100% vegan cauliflower crust pizza. I know you guys are going to be as obsessed as I am.
CodeGreen + Josie’s Organics
I used the cauliflower from Josie’s Organics, an amazing all organic company that grows their produce in the fertile California Valley. Their family farming business dates back to the 1920’s, when two young Swiss immigrants, Sebastian and Josie Braga decided to start growing beets, tomatoes, onions, hay and corn.
Today, three generations later, the organic family farming tradition is being kept alive! Josie’s Organics harvests over 25 varieties of USDA certified organic veggies. How cool?! I have to say, their produce is always fresh and abundant.
Josie’s Organics doesn’t use any synthetic fertilizers or pesticides on their farms. This is so important!
Be sure to look out for Josie’s Organics in your local store! Use their store locator here!
This recipe is a labor of love but it’s worth it! Once the dough is in a ball on the parchment all you have to do is flatten it out and put it in the oven.
I like to make my pizza into a circle but feel free to put your own spin on it! Make a heart, square, rectangle – whatever makes you happy!
For an adult, this is definitely a personal pizza. I ate the whole thing by myself! This is such an amazing alternative to traditional pizza as the crust is literally made out of vegetables!
Make this vegan cauliflower crust pizza for friends and family and you will impress them for sure!
The beauty of a personal pizza is that you can top it with whatever you want. Mine has tomato sauce, white button mushrooms, tofu ricotta, a sprinkle of vegan parmesan and fresh arugula!
✔️No added sugar
You are going to gobble this vegan cauliflower pizza crust up just like I did. It was literally so bomb – I can’t wait to hear your feedback!
If you are looking for a pizza that tastes yummy but is also nutritious and filled with vitamins and minerals – look no further! Also, if you are trying to eat vegan but lower carb, this is perfect for you.
Vegan Cauliflower Crust Pizza (oil-free)
- sautéed mushrooms
- vegan parmesan cheese
- tomato sauce
- 1 16 oz package firm tofu
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make your cauliflower rice by using a box grater or grater blade on your food processor.
- Boil a large pot of water and boil the cauliflower rice for about 5 minutes to soften. Strain in a mesh strainer then let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- You can use this time to prep/saute your veggies that you are adding to your pizza. For example, you can saute the mushrooms and make the tofu ricotta if you wish. To make the ricotta, simply just blend all the ricotta ingredients in the food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Ring the moisture out of the cauliflower by transferring it to a reusable nut milk bag or clean dish towel. Squeeze all of the moisture out of the cauliflower until no more water comes out of it. This is very important!
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the flax egg and let it sit for 5 minutes. When it's thickened, add the cauliflower, nutritional yeast, salt, oregano, basil, garlic, and potato starch. Use your hands/spoon to mix and then knead the dough into a ball.
- Prep a baking sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper and sprinkle a little gluten-free flour to prevent sticking. Place the ball of dough down and using your hands, press into a circle until it's flattened into a crust that's a little less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for 45 minutes - then flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes. It should flip easily and be firm to the touch.
- Add the toppings you want and return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until toppings are cooked.
- Sprinkle on some vegan parmesan, red pepper flakes, etc! Serve fresh and enjoy!
This blog post is sponsored by Josie’s Organics. I am honored to partner with such an amazing, organic company!
In good health,