Healthy Vegan Cheese Quesadillas…OMG.
I wanted to make a recipe for classic vegan cheese quesadillas with homemade vegan cheese, nothing fake, nothing processed, and totally WFPB friendly. These healthy vegan cheese quesadillas are going to blow your mind.
I am not a fan of most store bought vegan cheeses as they are processed and filled with mostly oil and weird ingredients. I would much rather make my own!
I used sprouted ezekiel tortillas but you can use whatever kind of tortilla you like.
This recipe is:
✔️Gluten-free (if you use a gf tortilla)
I used sprouted ezekiel tortillas for my healthy vegan cheese quesadillas but you can use any tortilla that you want. For a healthy gluten-free version, I LOVE the Siete brand tortillas – the chickpea flour ones are great.
For toppings on my quesadilla I used a little organic salsa and spicy guacamole from Trader Joe’s. Typically, I like to make my own guac but there weren’t any ripe avocados at the store so store bought was the way to go.
Furthermore, you can make homemade salsa if you’d like or even just fresh chopped tomatoes would be amaze!
If you are trying to persuade someone to start eating a plant-based diet…try this recipe out on them! I promise they will be obsessed. Picky kids? Try giving them this for dinner, it only takes 20 minutes to make and its actually nutritious.
Hosting a party? Whip up a batch of these healthy vegan cheese quesadillas for a hungry group and everyone will gobble them up within minutes. In addition, make a topping bar with cashew sour cream, salsa, guac, pico de gallo, jalepenos, etc.
I made these with my boyfriend for dinner and I actually added some refried pinto beans to mine while he had plain cheese. Feel free to customize this recipe and make it your own. Also, I have the admit, the plain cheese quesadillas was extra delish.
The Vegan Cheese: this vegan cheese is so easy to make and is actually so healthy! Made from cashews, sweet potato, red skin potatoes and tapioca starch, this vegan cheese will win you over.
Pin this recipe on Pinterest, share the link on Facebook, post your vegan quesadillas on Instagram so I can see your HealthyGirl creations. Also, don’t forget to tag me @healthygirlkitchen whenever you post!
Healthy Vegan Cheese Quesadillas (oil-free)
- Boil water on the stove and add the sweet potato, red skins and raw cashews and boil until soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add the potatoes and cashews to a high speed blender with the tapioca, onion powder and salt and about 1.5 cups of the liquid from boiling the other ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cheese sauce back into your pot and turn the stove on medium heat. Whisk continuously until the sauce is thick and sticks to a spoon. (about 5-7 minutes)
- Get a pan ready to make your quesadillas on medium heat. Add the cheese sauce to one side of your tortilla (add as much or as little as you'd like) leaving about an inch from the edge so it does not spill out.
- Place another tortilla on top of the tortilla with cheese sauce and add it into a pan. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Cut into triangles + enjoy!
In good health,