How do you improve a bad day? A big bowl of fettuccine pasta never hurts!
This mushroom pasta is so delish and is actually really healthy! I used organic mung bean edamame fettuccine which has 24 grams of plant protein per serving and 11 grams of fiber. Fiber is key to weight loss and for optimal gut health. Increasing your fiber intake is very important. I am obsessed with healthy pasta alternatives because it gives you the same feeling as regular pasta but in reality, its much healthier and has way more nutritional value. This dish is very simple to make and you really only need a few ingredients.
Ingredients: (4-5 servings)
- 16 oz Mung bean pasta (or other pasta of choice)
- 2-3 cups sliced mini bella mushrooms (depending on how many mushrooms you want in it)
- 4 garlic cloves (or 1/2-1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp olive oil or veggie broth (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Broccoli (steamed on the side)
- Boil pasta
- While pasta is boiling, saute mushrooms and fresh garlic in a large pan in olive oil or veggie broth if you don’t eat oil
- When pasta is done, add it into the pan with the mushrooms
- Add salt + pepper to taste and toss pasta to combine well
- Steam broccoli to add on the side
- Serve and enjoy!
- Top with vegan parmesan (I use Minimalist Baker’s recipe)
Do you need a health coach?
Are you sick of dieting and failing?
Do you want to lose weight and keep it off for good?
Do you want to still eat delicious food while losing weight?
Do you want to get healthy but need guidance and support?
Do you just want to feel good again?
Do you want to get healthy but don’t know where to start?
If you said “yes” to any of these questions, I am here to help. I am a holistic health coach and I am offering FREE health consultations. Email me at CodeGreenWellness@gmail.com! Don’t hesitate to reach out! Follow me on Instagram @CodeGreenWellness for healthy recipes and all things wellness!