Hi friends! Baked cauliflower mac and cheese is here. I hope you’re as excited as I am because omg…this new vegan mac and cheese recipe is to die for. If you’ve been on the search for a healthier version of mac and cheese, look no further!
This recipe is:
✔️100% made with love
The cheese sauce is simple – cauliflower, sweet potato, cashews. Pure plant-based goodness! You wouldn’t believe this doesn’t have any dairy – it is so BEYOND creamy!
Not to toot my own horn but I make a mean baked cauliflower mac and cheese. My fiancé can vouch for how amazing this recipe turned out.
He came home for lunch during his work day and this was waiting for him!
Share the Love
Make sure to Pin this on Pinterest, share the link on Facebook, and post your creations on Instagram so I can see your spin on this HealthyGirl recipe.
Don’t walk, run to your kitchen to make this!
I use cauliflower from Josie’s Organics, an amazing all organic company that grows their produce in the fertile California Valley. Their family farming business dates back to the 1920’s, when two young Swiss immigrants, Sebastian and Josie Braga decided to start growing beets, tomatoes, onions, hay and corn.
Today, three generations later, the organic family farming tradition is being kept alive! Josie’s Organics harvests over 25 varieties of USDA certified organic veggies. How incredible?! I have to say, their produce is always fresh and abundant.
Also, Josie’s Organics doesn’t use any synthetic fertilizers or pesticides on their farms. This is so important!
Be sure to look out for Josie’s Organics in your local store! Use their store locator here!
Baked Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Mac and Cheese Sauce
- 2 cups cauliflower I use Josie's Organics
- 3 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups pasta water save 2 cups of the pasta water for adding into the sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 16 oz pasta of choice use short noodles like elbows, rotini, penne, etc.
- 3 tbsp whole wheat or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- fresh parsley garnish
- Bring two large pots of water to a boil. To one pot add the pasta, and to the other add the sweet potato, cauliflower and cashews - cook until fork tender (about 10 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 525 F on broil.
- Strain pasta (save 2 cups of the pasta water and add into high speed blender like a Vitamix) and then add cooked pasta into a casserole dish.
- Strain the potatoes, cauliflower and cashews and then add into blender.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients into the blender and blend on high until completely smooth! There should be no chunks.
- Pour sauce over pasta and mix well. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and put in oven on top rack. Watch it carefully - bake until golden brown on top (5-10 minutes).
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy! Serve immediately.
This post was sponsored by Josie’s Organics. I am honored to have partnered with Josie’s Organics for this blog post. They are such an amazing company! Look out for Josie’s in your grocery store.
In good health,